management lurking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
So you post that your employer is an idiot who couldn't organise a celebration in an establishment dedicated to the production of Real Ale.

And it's NOT their business?

Imagine you post it on a billboard in the town centre rather than on FB or some other social media.

You do not post anything that cannot be seen, we now know (Thanks to the Grauniad and others.) that the UK government, the US government and Uncle Tom Cobley and all have the ability to monitor individuals electronic life. My emails end with a signature to the effect that I know this, and I write in the knowledge that Big Brother not only exists but has better IT skills than me.

Some years ago I read up on subjects, in the local reference library, that I would not dream of looking up online today, if I did the Thought Police, the Anti-terror Squad or Future Crime would have me in custody. I had entirely innocent reasons to know this stuff and used it in planning a Wargame (Yes I'm a Wargamer and we recreate battles in miniature on a table play with toy soldiers.) but frankly the material was in such well known publications as the Jane's Defence Weekly and their associated books, and is still freely available. BUT I'd no more dream of running an internet search on this stuff than fly to the moon. Such is the effect of my paranoia, and the very real state of society today.

Noodley

s, and is still freely available. BUT I'd no more dream of running an internet search on this stuff than fly to the moon. Such is the effect of my paranoia, and the very real state of society today.

you're a nutjob mate.

pauldavid

Veteran
So you post that your employer is an idiot who couldn't organise a celebration in an establishment dedicated to the production of Real Ale.

And it's NOT their business?

Imagine you post it on a billboard in the town centre rather than on FB or some other social media.

You do not post anything that cannot be seen, we now know (Thanks to the Grauniad and others.) that the UK government, the US government and Uncle Tom Cobley and all have the ability to monitor individuals electronic life. My emails end with a signature to the effect that I know this, and I write in the knowledge that Big Brother not only exists but has better IT skills than me.

Some years ago I read up on subjects, in the local reference library, that I would not dream of looking up online today, if I did the Thought Police, the Anti-terror Squad or Future Crime would have me in custody. I had entirely innocent reasons to know this stuff and used it in planning a Wargame (Yes I'm a Wargamer and we recreate battles in miniature on a table play with toy soldiers.) but frankly the material was in such well known publications as the Jane's Defence Weekly and their associated books, and is still freely available. BUT I'd no more dream of running an internet search on this stuff than fly to the moon. Such is the effect of my paranoia, and the very real state of society today.

Pfffffffffffffft!, don't know what else he's written up there but he' only bloody admitted to being a wargamer a.k.a weirdo bedroom dweller.

He wants to be blimmin careful an'all, because that's how Rock Hudson started!!!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm reminded of an acquaintance of mine who was a prolific contributor on a drumming forum, his chosen career is a lawyer. He was issued a written warning by his employer to stop posting on the forum during work hours and told in no uncertain terms to cease posting on the forum at all times as it did not reflect well on him and the firm.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm reminded of an acquaintance of mine who was a prolific contributor on a drumming forum, his chosen career is a lawyer. He was issued a written warning by his employer to stop posting on the forum during work hours and told in no uncertain terms to cease posting on the forum at all times as it did not reflect well on him and the firm.
That's a cymbal of something :-)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Reminds me of this (some sweary words)

OMG.jpg

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like using facebook, and I use twitter more and more (mostly for links to foreign newspaper articles that I like to read, to keep language skills up)
But I use FB for sharing music I like, photos I've taken and occasional witticisms (not the 'and of the pier' stuff I tend to put on here, though).
Only got one workmate on it, and he's a mate outside work too. Nothing ever goes on about my job, and I haven't put on there where I work either.
Most 'friends' are actually friends, one or two who I haven't met, but that's all.

Top Bottom