'Manchester 100' sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sounds like everyone had a good day out. Ive not done it for about 10 year though it is one of a few events that got me into competition cycling and despite my resevations how Bike Events advertise it being for charity I think it's a excellant event

Anyone see any Audax or Manchester Wheelers jerseys ?

paul123

All-yellow jersey? I spoke with you too, asking if you were part of the club. I was in the group from the halfway feedstop to the finish. Quite funny how with thousands of folks on bikes y'day, a number of us on here all seem to have ended up in the same small group. Obviously talented at spotting a good train when we see one...

There was a bit of a crash right behind us, not that long after leaving the halfway stop - a very large group had formed at that time so don't know who they were. I hope they were OK. Anyone hear anything?

Hey rdt/endoman nice to hear from people after the ride, thanks for the company, it was a good group that really helped the miles pass by. Not sure about the crash!

Enjoyed yesterdays ride despite puncturing and totalling the rear tyre about a mile short of the halfway stop. Many thanks to the mechanic who sorted me a new tyre for a very reasonable £12.50. I last did this ride 10 years ago and was out to beat the 6hrs 8 mins it took me last time. Managed a 5hrs 43 mins yesterday, so was quite pleased. I tried to hang on to the Seamons train a couple of times, but the pace was a little hot for me. I was riding the blue and white Cube Agree. Am now looking forward to next months Macc Monster. Much tougher ride than yesterday despite the fact its only 65 miles

kennyb

Thanks for the link crimmey. I've now ordered mine..

jackheath

hey this ride was my first ever sportive i enjoyed my self i have no reference to say if it was well run or not but all seemed fine for me. I started at 7 and rode with the lead group untill around 50 miles and dropped out the back for that pack. My stumach gave out on me i need to sort out nutrition for future rides. I finished in 5 hours 2 riding time and 5 hours 10 real time, is this a respecatble time to do an 100 miler? and any one see me out their on a slightly outclassed b'twin sport 3 in full decathlon branding? (nothing like being a poor student :smile: )

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
hey this ride was my first ever sportive i enjoyed my self i have no reference to say if it was well run or not but all seemed fine for me. I started at 7 and rode with the lead group untill around 50 miles and dropped out the back for that pack. My stumach gave out on me i need to sort out nutrition for future rides. I finished in 5 hours 2 riding time and 5 hours 10 real time, is this a respecatble time to do an 100 miler? and any one see me out their on a slightly outclassed b'twin sport 3 in full decathlon branding? (nothing like being a poor student :smile: )

Only 8mins for a stop ,, or am i reading it wrong.
Based on 5hrs 10mins thats pretty much 20mph av , i would say that was more than respectable.

jackheath

Only 8mins for a stop ,, or am i reading it wrong.
Based on 5hrs 10mins thats pretty much 20mph av , i would say that was more than respectable.

yeh i just stopped to stuff my face with some food. My compter clocked it at 20.1 mph average. was a good day out im thinking of joining a club because of the days activity

naffets

good effort 20mph average especially if its your first sportive!
i started at quarter past and got round at 20 mph average

Top Bottom