'Manchester 100' sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parrot of Doom

I managed the 100 in 7 hours 10 minutes, including 3 breaks totalling about 25 minutes. Pretty happy with that, and the big tub of ice cream I'm eating now :smile:

endoman

Just under 5 and half hours for me, rode with a couple of mates, was very enoyable, if a little chaotic when we rejoined the 100K peeps and were passing them at speed.

Steve H

Large Member
100k in just over 5 hours for me including a couple of leisurely stops. Really enjoyed the day - out with a handful of workmates who were all around a similar pace. It was nice to ride a flatter course after doing most of my cycling in Yorkshire!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good ride guys. Not a bad day at all - little wind too.

Crimmey - the cramp will be fluids - It got me at 70 miles last year, and was struggling with severe cramp for those final miles - was going very well up until then. I had a 1 litre bottle, refilled at the stop at Nantwich - 2 litres isn't enough at the effort - two years before I had 2 x 750ml bottles - 3 litres and was fine.

I wasn't riding today !!! :tongue:

grimpeur

Veteran
I set off 7.17, had a few join me until about 30miles then I was on my own for another 30miles then I saw guys from the shorter course. Had bad cramp at 50miles, possibly earlier, and was at half gas the rest of way. I think it was the new position I was using, sure it was very aero though . Also had to stop at one point it got that bad and stopped briefly to top up at 60miles, should have done it earlier. Did it in 5hrs 7mins but actual ride time was 4hrs 50mins. Av 20.8 but I was at nearly 23 for 50, loads in the tank at the end :sad: (Didn't take enough water or barely anything to eat so not sure if it was that or the positioning that screwed me up, thought it would be too easy d'oh) I was wearing the blue and yellow triathlon kit, TT bike with fancy wheels.

What do you mean by 'barely anything to eat'?

I don't see that it's possible to do this distance at the speeds you claim without adequate nutrition and fluids.

endoman

I went through 3 litres of energy drink, 3 gels, and 3 energy bar things. That was about correct for me, just kept nibbling as I was going. Didn't buy anything en route.

Parrot of Doom

What do you mean by 'barely anything to eat'?

I don't see that it's possible to do this distance at the speeds you claim without adequate nutrition and fluids.

Food and water was available at plenty of places along the route, I presume he made use of those facilities.

kennyb

Good riding every body did the 100k myself only managed 16 mph average. I don't know if any one saw me I was wearing me red@White swinnerton cycles top. Shout out if u did...

kennyb

Oh forgot to ask if any one knows which website the photographer is using. He was on the 100k route on the left at the top of a small incline.. Cheers guys @ gals..

rdt

Cracking day for it - perfect weather.

5.30 including a 20 min break at the 1/2 way point.

Just got home and I'm running a bath :smile:

Kestevan, don't suppose your name's Phil and you were in a Saxo Bank kit today?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Nope, and Nope - Sorry.

I was in a non-descript red/white/black top and was hanging on the back of a group from Seamons CC - They very kindly let me scrounge a very fast tow for the last 30 miles :smile:

rdt

OK, sounds like we were riding together anyway! I was in the lime green top in that small Seamons group - I think we spoke at the finish line. Hats off to them for the ride.

Schneil

Veteran
I did the 100 mile today. 7hrs 14 on the bike. 9 hrs 30 inc breaks. Ok so not as fast as the other guys on here, but I did it on a hybrid with a grumbling right knee. It kicked in at 30 miles, but two really nice guys from the transpennine cc babysat me the rest of the way. I'm going to have to invest in a faster bike.....

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
What a cracking day ,, sunshine from start to finish and almost no wind to talk about, joined the back of a few groups but all to quick so could only hang on for a cpl of miles each time, rode with a lad from Gatley for quite a few miles up to the half way stop and had a good chat, Did it in 6hrs 33min plus a 30 min stop to eat ham and pickled onion butties mmmmmm.
Had my Cyclechat banner on my back under but didn't get any response off anyone so you must have all been in front ,, or a long way behind haha.
Only saw two incidents of close shaves and both were from chain gangs racing into tight situations and expecting everyone (cars and other bikes) to get out of there way.

That was my first 101 miles and what a great route , 95% on small country roads,

Top Bottom