'Manchester 100' sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Just made a "Cyclechat" laminated label to go under my number so if you see a fat lad puffing and panting give us some encouragement.
Start time 7.20 but will be there at 7.00 to see if i can get going as 100miles is a bloody long way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just made a "Cyclechat" laminated label to go under my number so if you see a fat lad puffing and panting give us some encouragement.
Start time 7.20 but will be there at 7.00 to see if i can get going as 100miles is a bloody long way.

You can start when ever you feel like it - they don't check start times. Turn up and ride from 7am.

PS parking is a mare so get there early. I'm lucky enough to be 10 miles away, so ride there. Not riding this year - shoulder still healing !

400bhp

Guru
Weather not looking great-looks better on Sat, so the jury is still out for me on doing the ride on Sunday or just doing my own thing on Sat.

400bhp

Guru
CBA with that-not when I have the option to cycle on a dry saturday.

Hopefully the forecast will change in the next 24 hrs.

BJH

Über Member
It will all blow over after a bit of a wet start - say it enough times and it will happen!

potsy

Rambler
Was planning on coming down to see you all off at the start, then I saw the start times :ohmy:
Might see you at the end instead :thumbsup:

Crimmey

Oh yes! Forecast has changed so many times for Sunday. Now looking very good! Ill be on my TT bike for 100 miles
ohmy.gif
going for a good time then I can pack her up for winter . People welcome to join me or I might join a group or 2.

400bhp

Guru
It wasn't you I rode with until 85 miles was it?

Perfect day for cycling-managed the 101 miles in 5hr 14.

Legs are pretty stiff now.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cracking day for it - perfect weather.

5.30 including a 20 min break at the 1/2 way point.

Just got home and I'm running a bath :smile:

Crimmey

I set off 7.17, had a few join me until about 30miles then I was on my own for another 30miles then I saw guys from the shorter course. Had bad cramp at 50miles, possibly earlier, and was at half gas the rest of way. I think it was the new position I was using, sure it was very aero though . Also had to stop at one point it got that bad and stopped briefly to top up at 60miles, should have done it earlier. Did it in 5hrs 7mins but actual ride time was 4hrs 50mins. Av 20.8 but I was at nearly 23 for 50, loads in the tank at the end :sad: (Didn't take enough water or barely anything to eat so not sure if it was that or the positioning that screwed me up, thought it would be too easy d'oh) I was wearing the blue and yellow triathlon kit, TT bike with fancy wheels.

Top Bottom