Manchester 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
We've got a 7am start... but no doubt you'll catch us pretty quickly though going like that!!!

You could probably start at 7am too though if you want to join us from the off, I don't remember anyone checking that people were starting at their 'correct' time when I did the 100km a couple of years ago.

I'm unsure exactly what time we'll get there or where we are meeting - I'm off for lunch with 2 of the chaps now to arrange this sort of stuff so I'll let you know when I get back.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Right - one huge meal later....

Foss, we're aiming to get to Wythenshawe Park for 6.45am, we'll be parking nearby on the road/side roads and then cycling across. Meeting in the park near the starting tent. There's 4 of us in the group.

If you've still got my mobile number give us a bell when you arrive if you fancy joining us. None of us is sure what speed/time we'll manage as we've never done a 100 miler, but we're aiming for about 6 - 6.5 hours (about 15 - 16mph (ish) plus the forced 30 mins stop on top of this.

If we don't see you at the start then good luck, I'll try to shout hello as you pass us!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still got your number - I'll be there by 6.45 as I fancy getting away earlier. One of the fellas from my office is doing the 100k instead - regular cyclist - think he just likes the ride.

Don't hang about for me - if I'm there on time I'll keep me eyes peeled !

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm weather is looking sh1te - headset completely re-greased with PTFE waterproof Finish Line stuff..so that's checked ready to go !

So long as the storm blows over, and it's not horizontal rain, it will be fine !! Honest ?

flycatcher

I'm in. It's as flat as you'll get, no real killers since they changed the route from Styal a few years ago. That was a hard finish after 95. The stop is not that strict, I did stop for 30 but just cycled out not realising!

Enjoy.

Matt

Any idea where abouts in the park it starts?

So how did everyone do?

Just back enjoying a cuppa after a warm shower. Legs feel stiff and I'm tired (don't normally get up until 10 Sundays) but apart from that I'm OK.

Got drenched just before the halfway feed stop and again at the end but finished in about 7 hours I think with 30 mins or so break.

GPS says 16.4 av so happy with that. Probably won't be happy when I try to get out of bed tomorrow but there you go.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I had to laugh when we entered the food stop and got my ticket punched with the time.... mine simply said '7 Sep'... not entirely sure how you work out whether I've been there for at least 30 mins from that, unless it's 11.30pm!!!

:laugh:

Top Bottom