FNRttC Manchester-Blackpool 1st June 2018.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Thanks Andrew good plan. However, the postman has delivered a bit of a blow. The hospital need to see me again next Friday, 18th.

They intimate I need further biopsies to the prostate, depending on date I may not be up to a long ride. Will keep you posted.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Good luck Domus.

Sign- for the ride via the FNRttC web-site here:-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxCBadVZFEENdWCH9WnWAB0rjbiN_lUegj1ciwJWDb57oSGw/viewform

Sadly, we shan't be taking the ferry that's mentioned in the ride description. The tides aren't favourable on the Saturday morning so it's not running.
Shame, since it's a great little trip. Next year perhaps.

In other news, I've booked my return train:- 12.38 from BPN. It's Northern Rail so no bike reservation.

Domus

Guru
Well, I do need further investigations but I suspect not in the next week or so.
So see you on the first of June. What time do you expect to get to Blackpool?

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I can't be certain yet Domus.
I'm doing another recce on Monday and I hope to get a better idea then.
From previous experience, albeit on a different route, we'll get to breakfast at about 07.30 (I'm thinking about using a cafe in Fleetwood) and then we'll be getting into Blackpool at about 09.00.
After the recce, I hope to be able to give more info.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Time for a list.

Signed up:-

Barry M
George W
Jane D
Jennifer B*
Kim W
Nasir M
Peter H
Sonia W
Yoav T

Expressions of interest:-

Ali C*
Andrew Bu
Cathy G*
Dave L*
Gordon P
Marcus C
Mark Mc*

*Chorlton CH massive

If you are still interested in coming on the ride, please fill in the form:-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxCBadVZFEENdWCH9WnWAB0rjbiN_lUegj1ciwJWDb57oSGw/viewform
If you're thinking about this ride, and you can make it, sign up....
The only reason I'm not in is because I couldn't get the day off. This is a corker. Hope that small but perfectly formed peloton grows a bit.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Looking forward to it.
Not quite a full moon this time, but with luck, may be the chance for another snap like this as we cross the moors.

IMG_20170805_021953768_zps0epkwk24.jpg

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sorry am in Belgium so can't make this ride. A matter is great regret as I've wanted to do it for some time, and I see some good riding companions from the Bordeaux Tour, inc Cathy and Nas

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Sorry am in Belgium so can't make this ride. A matter is great regret as I've wanted to do it for some time, and I see some good riding companions from the Bordeaux Tour, inc Cathy and Nas

When we sort out dates for next year's rides mmmmmmmartin, let's consider full moons, Blackpool tides and your availability.
We should focus on the moons and tides, obv.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
When we sort out dates for next year's rides mmmmmmmartin, let's consider full moons, Blackpool tides and your availability.
We should focus on the moons and tides, obv.
currently pondering a schedule that goes to each destination only once in the year. and a small, tiny, little, miniature prize of no consequence (The PONC) for any riders who do them all.

Top Bottom