Manchester guide wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I want to organise a winter "metrotrekking" ride around Manchester for my club. This would be an MTB tour of the city taking in the centre as well as the Quays and anywhere with interesting features like ramps, steps etc. I would anticipate doing about 15 miles including a lunch stop somewhere where the bikes can be watched while we eat.

I know Manchester as a pedestrian but not as a cyclist so I need a volunteer who knows all the back alleys and shortcuts and wouldn't mind showing us around one Sunday.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I can show you 'round if you like!

especially if you can work around the cross season :biggrin:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well that would be perfect as Jan to April are the miserable months and I reckon a "Metrotrekking" ride would make a refreshing change from all the mud. It would need to be a Sunday. If it could start somewhere northerly like Prestwich, so much the better, that would allow the inclusion of some suburban stuff like old railway lines (I believe there's a route down the Irwell that could be incorporated). Alternatively starting somewhere like that big new retail park near the Jewish Museum in Cheetham Hill, where there's plenty of free parking.

Top Bottom