Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaykun85

Sleep seemed more important than a weatherspoons brekkie! Hopefully catch you up

I am still in bed I don't think I have the energy to get up haha and I didn't have the night out like u guys haha

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A few hours late. God that 7 miles was hard. ^_^

Attachments

• 1461490377753-334950834.jpg
    1461490377753-334950834.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 56

fossyant

To the three of you, I was the 'civvy' on the blue MTB that you passed near Prestatyn Golf Club, just after Pontins.

I didn't say hello as I didn't want to hold anyone up, although it did take you 5 miles to catch me :evil:

Enjoy the ride back - that wind was hard work.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
So was it any of you guys I saw sailing along with the wind at your back at 11:20 by Prestatyn?

This guy looked like he was catching you up.

5.JPG

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
It was @nickyboy who had the tyre problem, lost his rear bead came off. I've just parted ways with them at flint McDonalds, I was too hungry to continue :hungry:

Thanks again to Nick for organising a great ride.

si_c

Guru
To the three of you, I was the 'civvy' on the blue MTB that you passed near Prestatyn Golf Club, just after Pontins.

I didn't say hello as I didn't want to hold anyone up, although it did take you 5 miles to catch me :evil:

Enjoy the ride back - that wind was hard work.

A belated hello then :hello: it was brought up that you were shifting pretty quick for someone on an MTB. :bicycle:

fossyant

A belated hello then :hello: it was brought up that you were shifting pretty quick for someone on an MTB. :bicycle:

In disguise I was. The Garmin 705 and Lake MTB shoes give it away. Oh and the old skool MTB with Shimano XT and LX, sort of gives it away.

I was done in though. Back is sore now. Got a long way to go before I can do a 100 miler on the road bikes, never mind the return. Maybe next year.

I was just behind you at the road works just after the Golf course. My caravan is on the site just after the bridge, and our local is the Beachcomber on Shore Rd.

It's a killer on the coast there with the headwinds. Glad you rode yesterday as it was hard today.

mythste

Veteran
Currently sat in eureka cafe with cake and an irn-bru. Must have averaged 25mph with that tail wind and the flat route! Another 40 miles left and a long night sleep!

Thanks all, I'll do a proper write up when I'm home. For the time being, I'll just leave this here...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    350.7 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom