Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quite happy to run glympse again for those that may find it useful.
Good man, yes, it will be.

I make, a desperate need for deflection, a missed opportunity to take credit for moving the ride out of April and putting me in charge of the weather paying off, that's what I make.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
  • 19h00 - Bundobust where I'll be having a bite to eat; casual dining and no need to book. Bundo's is a 10 minute walk to...
  • 20h00 - Cafe Beermoth where charcuterie & cheese boards are available until late. Beermoth is then a 10 minute walk to...
  • 21h00 - 57 Thomas Street for the duration. Flatbread pizza thingies are available here.
Hoping to be at Beermoth at around 7-7.30 if I can get out of the house without the guards seeing me.......

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll be there, as I arrive in Manchester at about 4pm.
I'll be on the 1420 from Euston.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm planning to come along for the "pre-ride" as well.
I'll probably go to Port Street and then on to Bundobust (never been) but I shan't stay beyond there because up at 04.00 tomorrrow.
The thought of leaving a Ti bike in town where I can't see it is a bit of a worry but I'd rather that got nicked than my Dirty Disco despite the cost difference.
I'll be bringing lots of locks.....

I may have mentioned this earlier but I'm determined to get fish and chips before I head off to Llandudno Junction for the 19.51 back to MCR on Saturday.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm planning to come along for the "pre-ride" as well.
I'll probably go to Port Street and then on to Bundobust (never been) but I shan't stay beyond there because up at 04.00 tomorrrow.
The thought of leaving a Ti bike in town where I can't see it is a bit of a worry but I'd rather that got nicked than my Dirty Disco despite the cost difference.
I'll be bringing lots of locks.....

I may have mentioned this earlier but I'm determined to get fish and chips before I head off to Llandudno Junction for the 19.51 back to MCR on Saturday.

A quick thought on timings for the ride....

We've done a few now. My recollection is earliest finish was about 6 and latest was about 7. At the risk of jinxing this, the weather looks more like a 6 than 7 finish

For first timers, a key thing to manage is how long you choose to spend at the Eureka cafe for lunch. They're pretty quick on service but it's very tempting to sit around for ages

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hhhmmm.
Looks like I'll have to get a move on then.
I was planning to treat the Eureka cafe as more of an audax control than a feet up stop.
Since I haven't ridden more than 100 miles in ages, I think it'll be a challenge to have fish and chips and get my train.
We'll see.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hhhmmm.
Looks like I'll have to get a move on then.
I was planning to treat the Eureka cafe as more of an audax control than a feet up stop.
Since I haven't ridden more than 100 miles in ages, I think it'll be a challenge to have fish and chips and get my train.
We'll see.
You need to factor in about 20 minutes to ride from the fish and chips to Llandudno Junction. I suspect you will have plenty of time providing you don't fall asleep in the garden at Eureka

Top Bottom