Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
And ... it is going to be chilly! :laugh:

You didn't do the first year. That wasn't "chilly"...we were chipping icicles off at the end. This year is positively tropical by comparison. In any case, @Crackle has organised the weather this year (despite him not participating)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The forecast for Rhyl next Saturday is good, 13 degrees and 13mph SSW wind. Perfect for keeping your legs warm.:bicycle: I will be in Ireland then ( Galway) and the forecast there is quite winterish. :cold: Will be with you all in spirit though.:okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The forecast for Rhyl next Saturday is good, 13 degrees and 13mph SSW wind. Perfect for keeping your legs warm.:bicycle: I will be in Ireland then ( Galway) and the forecast there is quite winterish. :cold: Will be with you all in spirit though.:okay:
A true 'glass half full' interpretation! :whistle:

Alternatively ... the ('glass nearly empty') Met Office forecast for Rhyl next Saturday is NOT good, 12 degrees but with windchill feeling like only 9 degrees, perfect for making you wish that you hadn't worn shorts, and a 12 mph b*st*rd headwind gusting to 26 mph, sapping us of our will to live, and heavy rain showers too ...

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A true 'glass half full' interpretation! :whistle:

Alternatively ... the ('glass nearly empty') Met Office forecast for Rhyl next Saturday is NOT good, 12 degrees but with windchill feeling like only 9 degrees, perfect for making you wish that you hadn't worn shorts, and a 12 mph b*st*rd headwind gusting to 26 mph, sapping us of our will to live, and heavy rain showers too ...
I think you are making some of it up. My BBC weather forecast is not showing any rain at all in the afternoon.

ColinJ

I think you are making some of it up. My BBC weather forecast is not showing any rain at all in the afternoon.
Oh ye of little faith ... :whistle:

Disappointing forecast.gif

ColinJ

Of course, it could improve dramatically by Saturday ... :smile:

... or get MUCH worse! :eek:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Oh, good grief, what's all this babbling about weather??? It's way too soon to have even a vaguely accurate forecast; you might as well inspect a bit of seaweed. I'm not even going to think about it before midweek.

That said, I think @ColinJ's just usurped @Crackle's position as the person to blame for any piss-poor weather. I bet Crax's breathing a sigh of relief! :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Like the first cuckoo of Spring, I eagerly await the first poster this year saying "Why don't we do this as Llandudno to Manchester in the future??"

Key is to leave something in the tank for the stretch from Prestatyn past Rhyl which is exposed. After that you get a lot of shelter from the Great Orme and other little hills

ColinJ

I think @ColinJ's just usurped @Crackle's position as the person to blame for any piss-poor weather. I bet Crax's breathing a sigh of relief! :smile:
I blame the Met Office! :laugh:

I eagerly await the first poster this year saying "Why don't we do this as Llandudno to Manchester in the future??"
If we did, we'd no doubt get a well-timed 'Beast from the East' every year! :whistle:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Oh, good grief, what's all this babbling about weather??? It's way too soon to have even a vaguely accurate forecast; you might as well inspect a bit of seaweed. I'm not even going to think about it before midweek.

That said, I think @ColinJ's just usurped @Crackle's position as the person to blame for any piss-poor weather. I bet Crax's breathing a sigh of relief! :smile:

Exactly, when I started doing this I was looking at the forecast two weeks out...then it dawned on me that UK weather isn't forecastable with any meaningful accuracy until about 3-4 days before. So, like you, I will start looking on Wednesday

Will anyone be broadcasting live position using Glympse or similar? I'll be forming the advance reconnaissance party as per and it'll be nice if I know where you are so that I can get my fat arse out of the pub form the official welcoming committee at the tram-stop / chippy.

PM me if you prefer not to make your Glympse hashtags public.

Top Bottom