Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
On your route:

Westage Lane, Great Budworth is closed due to a badger set under the road.

Budworth Heath Lane to Heath Lane is an alternative route into Great Budworth.

We go through there all the time! There's always gaps in the barriers. One bollard covers the hole. It's a nice traffic free few minutes.

Personally, I prefer not to disturb the Badgers and potentially their setts. It's illegal to disturb Badger setts in the UK, it's easy to ride the alternative route, which has the added bonus of passing the Ice cream farm/shop. :okay:

Badgers.jpg

KneesUp

Guru
Callapsed you say, eh?

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to gadget navigation...
Feel free to delete the last 6 words @theclaud ...
But, is there a way of downloading the route to an Android phone in case I'm miles ahead of you all?

57 Thomas Street is a v good choice. Unfortunately I would be hanged, drawn and quartered if I turned up
@MossCommuter ?
I have been having a think and this is where I will be on the Friday evening:
  • 18h00 - Port Street Beer House which is a 5 min walk to...
  • 19h00 - Bundobust where I'll be having a bite to eat; casual dining and no need to book. Bundo's is a 10 minute walk to...
  • 20h00 - Cafe Beermoth where charcuterie & cheese boards are available until late. Beermoth is then a 10 minute walk to...
  • 21h00 - 57 Thomas Street for the duration. Flatbread pizza thingies are available here.
And if all goes to form, at something after 11, I'll fall asleep at the bus-stop again and miss my bus :shy:

If anyone wants to join in at any point (except the bus bit) feel free. One or two have already said they'll come for all or some of it.

All of the venues are close to cycle parking but only 57 Thomas Street has it in sight of the pub (but I'm not going to promise we'll be able to sit where we can see it).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm a bit of a numpty when it comes to gadget navigation...
Feel free to delete the last 6 words @theclaud ...
But, is there a way of downloading the route to an Android phone in case I'm miles ahead of you all?
As unlikely as you being miles ahead seems, I'll tell you anyway....
1. Install Osmand or a similar program.
2. Copy the gpx to your phone. Osmand or AN Other program will let you view it on a live map.
3. That's it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Rich, why not try the farking massive bright orange "Send to Device" button on the website :whistle:
I can't find it....

si_c

Guru
Do you have to have the device plugged in (and switched on) for the farking massive bright orange "Send to Device" button to appear? :whistle:
Nope, my phone doesn't have the app installed, but the button is there. You may have to be logged in to the website though.

Top Bottom