Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I have to go on an urgent overseas trip Tuesday and will not get home until the Friday evening before the ride

Of course I will be there 8am sharp Saturday at Piccadilly

But I will struggle to be as engaged with the run in to the date in the way I have in previous years. So don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me before the date. I will be there and the route files are posted

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I have to go on an urgent overseas trip Tuesday and will not get home until the Friday evening before the ride

Of course I will be there 8am sharp Saturday at Piccadilly

But I will struggle to be as engaged with the run in to the date in the way I have in previous years. So don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me before the date. I will be there and the route files are posted
armstrong-and-miller.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
What plans for a Friday night carb load, ladies and gents? Having had a quick look through the thread for last year, 57 Thomas Street was the place last year. Still recommended?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I hadn't realised International Accountancy was so exciting.
This is what happens when you devote your life to chasing The Almighty Renminbi!
I'm considering going into exile in North Wales on my return
You can't step off the treadmill now. How else will you fund your habit for VFM own-branded French cycling goods? Besides, you know too much, everyone might think that Putin and his cronies are the ones to fear, but for God's sake, DON'T upset the Chinese.......

GuyBoden

Guru
On your route:

Westage Lane, Great Budworth is closed due to a badger set under the road.

Budworth Heath Lane to Heath Lane is an alternative route into Great Budworth.

Katherine

Guru
On your route:

Westage Lane, Great Budworth is closed due to a badger set under the road.

Budworth Heath Lane to Heath Lane is an alternative route into Great Budworth.
We go through there all the time! There's always gaps in the barriers. One bollard covers the hole. It's a nice traffic free few minutes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just checking that the trains are still due to be running back to Manchester on the Saturday evening (they are) and I spotted a few things in the terms and conditions ...

During periods of engineering work, you won't be able to take your bike on replacement bus services - Yes, we already knew about that one!

Carriage of bicycles is always at the discretion of train staff, even if you have a reservation - oh, wouldn't it be super if the train got a bit crowded and a jobsworth wouldn't let us on ...

This one would have been a show-stopper (forgive the pun!) - Cycles may not be carried on days when a major event is taking place at the Principality stadium. Fortunately, 'Monster Jam' takes place at the stadium the following Saturday. It would be worth checking the stadium calendar for clashing events in future when setting the date for the ride***.

I have decided to be sensible - I am still going to ride my singlespeed bike but will avoid the hills this time. I was fitter last year than I am this, and I didn't manage to get up all of them last time. Anyway, the USP for this ride is the flatness of it. I ride up big hills all the time round here so it will be nice to treat myself to the headwind from hell a long, flat route for a change!

*** I just checked for @si_c's North Wales ride on 30th June. Fortunately, Ed Sheeran's 4 night stint at the stadium is June 21st-24th!

KneesUp

Guru
I think it's fair to say that there are many ways in which 'public' transport in this country are woefully inadequate.

Top Bottom