Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good news, my weekend away that clashed with this ride has now been rearranged for the following weekend.

So count me in please @nickyboy. I've just booked the 19.42 train from Llandudno to Manchester to return post ride with @ColinJ. Hopefully my garmin will behave better this year and I won't get 'lost' in the hilly bit which unfortunately led to me and @alibaba arriving too late at the designated chip shop and a mad dash to catch our train.
Excellent news!

straas

Matt
Afraid I can't make it this year - I've got my stag do that weekend.

I'll be doing the tour de manc the weekend before though, not concerned at all that there's as much climbing on the ride as I've cumulatively done so far this year!

Hopefully a new set of wheels will get me up the hills...

si_c

Guru
Afraid I can't make it this year - I've got my stag do that weekend.

I'll be doing the tour de manc the weekend before though, not concerned at all that there's as much climbing on the ride as I've cumulatively done so far this year!

Hopefully a new set of wheels will get me up the hills...

Should get one of those 1500W conversion kits...

I'm sure @nickyboy won't be too sad that he'll have the opportunity to take your KOM uncontested...

Buck

Guru
Looks like I’m out too. It’s my only free weekend in May and I’m told we have family things afoot.

Hope it’s a good ride. Enjoy last years despite the wind. The post ride rehydration worked wonders!!

si_c

Guru
Looks like I’m out too. It’s my only free weekend in May and I’m told we have family things afoot.

Hope it’s a good ride. Enjoy last years despite the wind. The post ride rehydration worked wonders!!
:sad: ABTD.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Right, emailed Hull Trains and the answer was positive: I can get a full refund, no admin fee. So I'll be sending the refund form & tickets in.
…and the refund has gone in today.

Question RE my bike reservations. I was told in the live chat when I made them that the ticket office at any Virgin Trains station (and only VT stations) could print them out for me. So, in the smoke on Saturday morning, go to Euston, queue in the ticket office, give the guy the reservation numbers…and he comes back not with the usual bits of orange cardboard, but printouts of what I had already! Will that really be all I need (I assume the train managers will have the reservation details…) or do I need to moan at someone Virginal?

Freds Dad

Veteran
Due to a change in timings for the event I am attending on the day I'm afraid I will have to withdraw from doing the first half of the ride. Have a great day everyone and I hope you have very strong Easterly wind on the day.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I will have to withdraw meeting most of you in Rhyl this year as my brother has rented a cottage near Galway in Southern Ireland and asked us to meet him and his wife there for a few days. These few days happen to be from the 10th to 13th of May. I really feel bad about it as I was looking forward to it but as I don't see my brother very often and he has come all the way from Orleans, I couldn't refuse. Hope the sun shines and a wind less day for you lot. Hopes next year. :bicycle:

Leaway2

Lycrist
I will have to withdraw meeting most of you in Rhyl this year as my brother has rented a cottage near Galway in Southern Ireland and asked us to meet him and his wife there for a few days. These few days happen to be from the 10th to 13th of May. I really feel bad about it as I was looking forward to it but as I don't see my brother very often and he has come all the way from Orleans, I couldn't refuse. Hope the sun shines and a wind less day for you lot. Hopes next year. :bicycle:
Sorry to hear that Gav. We will miss meeting you.

wanda2010

Guru
…and the refund has gone in today.

Question RE my bike reservations. I was told in the live chat when I made them that the ticket office at any Virgin Trains station (and only VT stations) could print them out for me. So, in the smoke on Saturday morning, go to Euston, queue in the ticket office, give the guy the reservation numbers…and he comes back not with the usual bits of orange cardboard, but printouts of what I had already! Will that really be all I need (I assume the train managers will have the reservation details…) or do I need to moan at someone Virginal?

Stu, if you've not sorted this out already I would moan. I had similar problems and had to phone them whilst standing at the ticket office. It was sorted, but had a mild flutter of alarm at the time.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Stu, if you've not sorted this out already I would moan. I had similar problems and had to phone them whilst standing at the ticket office. It was sorted, but had a mild flutter of alarm at the time.
Will do...that's what I thought, TBH....

Top Bottom