Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Have a great time everyone. Unfortunately I have a gig in Blackpool

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just realised this ride is next month and ive not been on my bike since the Scarborough ride last year, looks like it will be Fat Lad at the Back for me this year.
So you won't be joining me for SITD next Sunday then! :whistle:

You've got six weeks. Slightly Slimmer Lad at the Back by then, right?
Slightly Less Fat Lad (DD) can join Actually Slightly Slimmer Lad (me, weight currently 84 kg/13st 3lbs and falling) somewhere near the back. :okay:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
So you won't be joining me for SITD next Sunday then! :whistle:

Slightly Less Fat Lad (DD) can join Actually Slightly Slimmer Lad (me, weight currently 84 kg/13st 3lbs and falling) somewhere near the back. :okay:
It is, and it isn't. Unfortunately, it'll be a bit longer and much harder work than Stereotypical Film Training Montage.
Pulled my hamstring today out running , so not the best way to start the Rocky Theme music as i hobble up the steps clutching my leg haha

si_c

Guru
Did i mention i was waddling to the chippy

FTFY.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So I 've finally got my act together. I've posted the route files in Post #1. Same as last year, tbh I can't think of a reason to change it. This means the usual 8am start ex Piccadilly, coffee etc at Weaverham, big stoke up at Eureka cyclist cafe, brief stop at Bike Hub Rhyl (assuming you get there before they close at 5) and then fish and chips in Llandudno

Timings are, to some extent, weather dependent. However, it usually works out as follows:

Piccadilly 0800
Weaverham 1030
Eureka 1315
Bike Hub 1630
Llandudno 1815

As always, we stick together as a large group until at least Weaverham, please no shooting off up the road by faster riders, keep an eye on more sedate riders. After Weaverham we tend to break up into smaller groups. From Eureka it really depends on when you want to leave and with whom.

Despite the tribulations with return trains, we still have about 24 potential riders which, with the inevitable late drop outs, gives us a nice number

Top Bottom