Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Shotton is closest but maybe Chester (which is only slightly further) has more options?

It's a bit of a mixed bag.

From Eureka, Capenhurst is the quickest station to get to, it's about 2miles, has an every 15minutes or so service to Chester or Liverpool. If you go to Shotton, you can pick up a Manchester Piccadilly train. but you may have to wait a while. Chester is probably you easiest bet for best onward connection, but it's probably a 45minute easy paced ride.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I sang "I can see clearly now the rain has gone" on the first one. The language of my fellow cyclists made me blush

With the Sunday replacement bus service you can now sing.

"I can see clearly now the train has gone".

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Long distance weather forecast for the ride ... :whistle:

Long distance forecast means absolutely nothing. In the early days of this I used to pore over the forecasts a week or two out. When you do that you realise that the forecast even a week before can be completely wrong

I'll start taking a look at the forecast about four days before the ride. Anyway, this year the weather is being organised by "someone else"

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I think you are expecting to much, last year we set off up it with blind ignorance, this year we know whats around the corner.
Yeah, it's a funny old climb. Four ramps and three flat bits in-between with the hardest ramp coming last

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Who fancies doing the last climb into Llandudno using the road rather than the cycle path along side it? Personally, I always use the road, more challenging and takes less than 3 minutes.

si_c

Guru
Who fancies doing the last climb into Llandudno using the road rather than the cycle path along side it? Personally, I always use the road, more challenging and takes less than 3 minutes.
I probably will, used the cycle path the last couple of years, and have a poor impression of the surface after last year, and it's not particularly convenient.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I probably will, used the cycle path the last couple of years, and have a poor impression of the surface after last year, and it's not particularly convenient.
Quite right, the surface is very poor with many loose stones. The road surface is much better.

Good news, my weekend away that clashed with this ride has now been rearranged for the following weekend.

So count me in please @nickyboy. I've just booked the 19.42 train from Llandudno to Manchester to return post ride with @ColinJ. Hopefully my garmin will behave better this year and I won't get 'lost' in the hilly bit which unfortunately led to me and @alibaba arriving too late at the designated chip shop and a mad dash to catch our train.

Top Bottom