Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Perfect plan!

Unfortunately, various delays and a puncture skippered Llandudno for Ali and me. We had huge portions of fish and chips in Rhyl and are at the station there to catch the Llandudno train on its way back to Manchester.

Good day out apart from not getting century in, but still did 140 km (87 miles).

Ha, Ali just blew another £29 on an off peak ticket so he didn't have to wait for 3 hours for his train!!

A man of your calibre could find those 13 miles - circuits in Manchester or ride back from Littleborough.

After all, this is the same Colin who did seemingly endless circuits in Scarborough to make up the ton - in the rain.

Good to hear from @alibaba - might see you on the Scarborough ride if it's on this year.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm at Llandudno Junction, train arrives in 10 minutes.
Things not to say just before you leave a cafe/pub/whatever; "This is when I find I have a puncture."
Aerosol sealant and pumping got me here but the tyre was very soft when I arrived.
I'm hoping more pumping or CO2 will get me home because I really Cn'tBA fixing it tonight.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Cracking day. 105.1 miles to Karden House- took a couple of small detours (unconnected with losing Colin and Ali) and ended up riding the last stretch solo. Never mind, was a great day out. Though wish someone had flattened out those bike paths round Colwyn Bay. And that last rise into Llandudno. Walked a few stretches, even that hurt! Currently in pub awaiting recovery beef stew and dumplings before joining the others at the other pub (no food there).

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Made it (about an hour ago) and the tyre is still inflated..
I actually jumped train at Flixton to see if I could make it a 100 mile day which I did.
I expect my legs will be sore tomorrow but I'm sure that I'll cope.

Many thanks to nickyboy for organising the ride and to you all for your marvellous company.
It was a great day out.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm in bed, pretty farked, but my immense willpower resisted Nickyboy's entreaties to go clubbing with the hen party...:whistle:

Wobblers

Euthermic
I appear to be home at last. Am in possession of a reviving cup of tea. @si_c last seen heading through Thornton Hough at speed. Sorry Si, but you were already way ahead of me and probably didn't hear me call, but I had to turn off - tired legs and a shorter and less hilly route did all the talking.

Thanks to @nickyboy for organising another sterling ride, and to everyone who made the rehydration session.

I found Rich, looks like he petrified overnight

IMG_20180513_084643022.jpg

si_c

Guru
Just woken up this morning, still a bit tired but otherwise good.

Really good ride yesterday, thanks to @nickyboy for organising, and to those who turned up for making the day.

Glad @McWobble got home OK, I think I got into a bit of autopilot through Thornton hough, thought you were right behind me, but then you weren't. Figured you must have gone a different way, so just came home and crashed right out.

Top Bottom