Manchester - Llandudno: Saturday May 13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran
Testing the water for a quick drinky on Friday after work/evening

I'm relaxed either way but happy to meet up if any participants fancy it. Howsabout 57 Thomas Street which has a very good beer range and is only about 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly station?
I could be persuaded. Probably have to start looking for a train home around 8.30-9pm at the latest though. Need my beauty sleep if I am to look my best on Saturday.

For anyone looking to have their bags carried in my wifes car from Piccadilly to Llandudno, I will add a note to this thread in a day or two.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Forecast for Rhyl-Llandudno next Saturday: overcast, 15 degrees, 10mph winds SSE. Looks good then.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I could be persuaded. Probably have to start looking for a train home around 8.30-9pm at the latest though. Need my beauty sleep if I am to look my best on Saturday.

For anyone looking to have their bags carried in my wifes car from Piccadilly to Llandudno, I will add a note to this thread in a day or two.

Or anywhere else that's more convenient for folk...I'm easy, I'll drink anywhere :rolleyes:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Forecast for Rhyl-Llandudno next Saturday: overcast, 15 degrees, 10mph winds SSE. Looks good then.:rolleyes:

Shhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Actually, warmish and dryish looks nailed on. It's just that wind direction that keeps moving around

gavroche

Shhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Actually, warmish and dryish looks nailed on. It's just that wind direction that keeps moving around
Another week to go yet so it might change by then. We don't often have easterly winds round here.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm relying on an Easterly wind to blow me along the sea front.

I had that on my recce and it was easy to do 20mph. You do have to be mindful, however, that it is shared use so there are plenty of walkers and folk exercising dogs, particularly near the towns so be ready to slow down. I'd fit a decent bell if you don't have one already

Today would have been against us but it wasn't so bad. About 10mph but warm and blustery not a block of wind. Anyway that's probably my last ride before the weekend apart from a short midweek one maybe. I find myself looking forward to next Saturday now, I don't much care about the weather, the thought of chips and beer will sustain me.

si_c

Guru
Today would have been against us but it wasn't so bad. About 10mph but warm and blustery not a block of wind. Anyway that's probably my last ride before the weekend apart from a short midweek one maybe. I find myself looking forward to next Saturday now, I don't much care about the weather, the thought of chips and beer will sustain me.
Broadly the same. Got commuting miles this week, but may skip Friday, see how it goes. Need to make sure am ready early Saturday as need to be on the 7am train from Liverpool.

gavroche

Saw a Neston club having a rest in Llandudno Junction when I went past on my ride to Penmanwawr this morning, about 4 of them I think, blue jerseys with Neston written all over it.

Saw a Neston club having a rest in Llandudno Junction when I went past on my ride to Penmanwawr this morning, about 4 of them I think, blue jerseys with Neston written all over it.
I dunno who they are. I'm not aware of a Neston club. I go through Neston quite often, including today but I've never consciously seen such a jersey.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Maybe @wanda2010 could take it for a while? Some of us have never seen or signed one.

Having had a look at the jersey thread there are already two "Southern" ones, they just aren't being moved around. This is the only "Northern" one so it would be a shame if it went South, having spent so long heading North

Anyhoo......jersey roolz are movement by bike only so unless Wanda wants to ride back to London it's a no no :tongue:

gavroche

Nickyboy, do you have a time table of all the stops yet? Mine is the Hub in Rhyl. Thanks.

Top Bottom