Manchester - Oxford/Wilmslow Road upgrade consultation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If anyone doesn't know yet, there is a consultation currently out about changes/improvements to Wilmslow Road and Oxford Road as part of the consultation into cross-city bus travel.

The website with all the information is here and comments have to be in by the end of December.

It looks like a 'cross' pedestrian crossing is drawn in on one of the detail maps (following on from the recent one in London)...

There are also other consultations on two other 'legs' of the cross-city route as well as one on the inner city.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm glad they're instating a bike lane on both sides of the road past Whitworth Park - that may stop the lunatic from Magic Bus intimidating cyclists who dare to use "his" road instead of taking the bike path opposite the MRI.

I wonder if the bus drivers will chill the f*** out now that there'll be less traffic on Oxford Road?

OP
OP
SavageHoutkop

SavageHoutkop

Veteran
I quite like the cycle path actually (aside from all the pedestrians in it, and I'm even used to most of them!). My bugbear at the minute is the large potholes/sunken drains in the bus lane afterwards; especially when they're full of water like at the minute....

Usually the bus drivers are nice to me but had an altercation with a 147 the other day.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
SavageHoutkop said:
Usually the bus drivers are nice to me but had an altercation with a 147 the other day.
Most are ok in town.

However - I'm always wary of Finglands (numerous close calls, one off) and Magic Bus (seen way to much bullying and tailgating from them). One particular Magic Bus driver is a psycho (seen the same guy do the same thing three times now) and deliberately close passes anyone who doesn't use the Whitworth Park path heading south, occasionally hooting and gesturing at them too.

- And yeah, those two potholes are bloody lethal - they'd swallow a brompton wheel!

Top Bottom