Manchester: Things to Do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DTD

Veteran
Manchester International Festival is on first half of July:

http://mif.co.uk/

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Imperial War Museum
Whitworth Art Gallery
Museum of Science and Industry
Drink at the Bar in the Hilton halfway up the Beetham Tower
Urbis
Theatre in the round at The Royal Exchange
Music at the Bridgewater Hall
Music at the Band on the Wall
Theatre at the Lowry
John Rylands Library
Manchester Museum
Lunch at Sams Chop House or Toms
Jazz at Matt and Phreds
Clubbing at the Factory or Sankeys
Food at Dukes 92

I could go on and on,:biggrin: Manchester is great :thumbsup:

Right, let me state, I AM NOT GAY , but some my best nights in Manchester have been down Canal Street in Manchester's Gay village.

If you'd like a friendly, chilled out place to enjoy a few drinks it's worth a visit.

What's that about??

Anyway....

Right, let me state, I AM GAY, but some of my best nights out in Manchester have been down some of the straight places.

Anyway, try some of the places Hacienda suggested (except for the Hacienda which you will be mortified to see is a block of flats), esp. Dukes on a sunny afternoon... If you want to go to Cloud 23 in Beetham Tower apply now (it's free but numbers are limited) go to their website. Worth it for the view (go at sundown).

Also consider Taps, Odder, Ra!n, Knott, Temple of Convenience, Corbiere which are all nice bars.

But these are pubs and I imagine you want clubs

I am too old for clubs, Deansgate Locks is about as lively as I get.

Eat @ the Yang Sing in China Town or EastZEast for curry.

Stephenite

Membå
Ee by eck. It's been a while since i've been for a night out in Manny. Or, even, a day come to think of it.

Does the Brickhouse still play just Manc music?

I like the science museum (Manny being the birthplace of the ind. rev. n' that), air and space museum, and the manchester museum, esp. for it's egyptology dept. The art gallery has a good Pre-Raphaelite collection.

If you like Indian food you're quids in down Wilmslow road. Chinese food? There's a little china town - great place to go for lunch as you can get a three-course meal in exchange for a bag of peanuts (though I think they prefer cash).

Salford quays and the bars/pubs was a good area to go for a sunday afternoon wind down. Usually quiet, but that was over ten years ago.

Enjoy your visit.

Globalti

Legendary Member

longers

Legendary Member
Interesting about This and That, we've been to Al Faisal just round the corner for very good scran before. Might have to deviate.

*kicking myself for not looking up MIF before now - could have got tickets for Paul Heatons thing and got out of going to a wedding at the same time*

Castlefield Gallery can be worth popping into, have seen some interesting stuff in there.

Good pub wiv low cost beer chitties is 'Moon under the Water' on Deansgate in centre of town (think its in the guiness book of records for something or other) - Lyme Park for chilled out countryside - Knutsford for quiant villiage type shopping / drinking - Hilton Cloud Bar for emptying your wallet in a flash (and celebrity/ top totty spotting) - Bredbury Hall for a nailed on guarenteed sh*g (like shooting fish in a barrel) - my pals <coughs slightly> say there's some top notch 'titty bars' in town, but goodness knows why they go there - 'Chill Factore' is indoor skiing that could be fun - loads of live music everywhere, my fav little venue is the Witchwood in Ashton under Lyne, check web to see whose playing, marvelous beer. :hello:

Top Bottom