Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Go old timers I say! :laugh:

Old Timer :eek: I'm 42 :headshake:

We're up there with the fastest times of all ages

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Err, thanks SquareDaff. Uploading your ride to Strava you have just pushed me out of the top five :angry:. Although for our age group, DCLane, yourself and I are the top three. Go old timers I say! :laugh:

Well done though!
You're welcome :rolleyes:. Haven't used Strava before- but an old cycling friend saw my picture on Facebook and told me to "get my rides put up on the site". Blame him if anyone. I'm innocent! :angel:

I'm also only 43. I had a loooonnngggg paper round! :laugh:

Just read the posts on this event. I would like to try it ( used to do two or three all night walks per year) but my average on my Dawes Nomad is only around 8-9 mph over that distance and I will be just past 70 by then. Can any one tell me what the slowest times were last year?

Gez73

Veteran
There were still riders heading out to Blackpool as I came back at about 6.30am I'd say. The year before I decided to get a lift home and there were still riders arriving well after 8. They were removing the outward signposts at about 9 towards Manchester as I cycled back last year. Not sure what the latest finishing times would have been but I'd reckon up to maybe 9am. That is plenty of time at your expected speed.

Top Bottom