Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blackpool, at night, In Sept?...It will be BLOODY cold mate
Well Gaz. It was very pleasant getting into Blackpool on the night. :wahhey:

Cycling home wasn't so nice or dry though!

I really enjoyed the ride and glad I opted for the full out and back (despite the return weather). One of the aspects I liked most was night riding. I wouldn't mind doing a similar distance again at night. A round trip from Manchester to somewhere on the coast along nice, quiet roads beckons. Anyone fancy joining me?

I really enjoyed the ride and glad I opted for the full out and back (despite the return weather). One of the aspects I liked most was night riding. I wouldn't mind doing a similar distance again at night. A round trip from Manchester to somewhere on the coast along nice, quiet roads beckons. Anyone fancy joining me?

Yeah, a bit flatter though, so North Wales?

Yeah, a bit flatter though, so North Wales?
Flatter? Really? You having me on SportMonkey?

I was thinking of heading from Manchester to Southport via Haslingden and Blackburn and back to Manchester via Formby and Wigan. 100 odd miles, hills done first. Ridden as a group as we did coming back from Blackpool. No one left behind. A bit like a FNRttC. All have a big breakfast in Manchester on return. Here's the Google route.

Open to other suggestions though.

That route goes down the canal? :smile:
Not any more!

Thanks for pointing this out Craven. It's now remedied. T'was just a quick routing for those unfamiliar with the places mentioned. There will be no night time tow path riding! I'll be plotting a proper route and some written directions if there's enough interest.

To that end i'll be starting a new thread about the ride later today.

Cheers

[Edit] Here's the new thread

Have any of you seen the Flickr page that is up with photos from the ride? None of us but this one caught my eye. Flared jeans and not even any bicycle clips. He must be mad!

a>
8046864609_d2450c90db_b.jpg

Flatter? Really? You having me on SportMonkey?

I was thinking of heading from Manchester to Southport via Haslingden and Blackburn and back to Manchester via Formby and Wigan. 100 odd miles, hills done first. Ridden as a group as we did coming back from Blackpool. No one left behind. A bit like a FNRttC. All have a big breakfast in Manchester on return. Here's the Google route.

Open to other suggestions though.

The route to North Wales from Manc is pancake flat, will create an idea for a route.

Top Bottom