Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Strava's not really relevant - it's a charity ride (i.e. slow-ish) and in the dark, rather than a speed dash imho.
Are you giving your KOM back then? :whistle:

I reckon you were just trying to lay a false trail so you could get off pronto and leave some of us napping. Never again DC. Next year i'll be at least 12kg lighter and will be using carbon wheels and an aero bar.:boxing:

Tron man got his picture on bhf site already haha :smile:

http://www.bhf.org.uk/default.aspx?page=15231

Think they lied about the arrival time though :whistle:

BHF said:
Our intrepid night riders set off at midnight from Manchester’s Trafford Centre and, at 3.30am, the first of the swathe of helmets, pedals and our t-shirts began wheeling over the finish line under the light of the Blackpool illuminations.

Would it be mean to correct them - I just assume it was pre-written bumpf.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
You want to average 19 mph on that too :whistle: :hyper:
With an extra years training I'd expect 20mph at the very least :laugh:

Ryan Alexander

I came in with the second fastest time with 2:40:00 so i was very impressed, was my first ride with you guys and a few lessons learnt on warmth :tongue: was frozen when i got home and soaked to the skin. Big thanks to you all for letting me tag along and also to SquareDaff for being my Carrera twin and my cycling buddy helping push me along the 52 miles. Was great meeting you all =]

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Did anyone find out who the old guy was that was shadowing SportMonkey, Ryan Alexander and I all the way along the sea front? Must have been 60+ and was cycling like a man 20 years younger. Seriously impressive riding and I hope I'm that fit at his age!

AndyBaker

What a fantastic event! I was pleased with my time of 3h19 - not bad for an 18st bloke :smile:

Great to see so many people taking part. The wind and rain were starting to pick up as we arrived at the finish, so we hid in McD's for 45mins or so before heading back home. The first 3 miles of the return journey we absolute hell, but got better as we headed away from the coast, we took the A583 straight out rather than going round Lytham again.

I nearly called my wife for a rescue at Chorley, but talked myself out of it and carried on back to the Trafford Centre. My legs had divorced me by then though, so it was slow going.

About 2 hours into the return journey we did see 3 weary looking riders still on the outbound - I hope they made it.

Does anybody know what the total climb was over the official route? Endomondo says 3507ft ,but seems a lot to me.

craven2354

http://app.strava.com/rides/23578528

Mine says 944ft of elevation

Thanks everybody who I rode with was a lot of fun on the way there not so sure about the way back ;) as this was my first official 100 miler/ event my legs now really ache :smile: it was great meeting you all and hope to do more events with you all :smile:

Top Bottom