Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mello

Has anybody done this ride before? How well was it organised? Did all the cyclist stay together in a peloton? What was the organisation like for getting back to Manchester. Any problems on the ride. Really fancy the idea of doing a night ride.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not done before, but I'm going to be riding back to Manchester from Blackpool on the Sunday morning after the event.

Gez73

Veteran
I did this last year and will be doing it again. Well marshalled and a really good ride. I've done the M2B day ride the year before but the night ride was far better. There just seemed to be fewer casual cyclists on the night ride and as a result it flowed better. I was in work the Monday too no problem. I would like to cycle back to Hadfield too so might have to put some miles in in the meantime. Will look into the stuff I kept from the ride and see if I can find the detailed ride. Unlike the day ride they sent out a route map with the information pack last year but it wasn't very detailed to be honest. A great event. Funny seeing all the party people in Preston falling out of the clubs. You don't set off until 01:00am. A great buzz in Barton Square (Trafford Centre)too, you can get to the start from 11pm and soak up the vibes. I think you can register on the night but check that in case you can't this year!

Powered by Porridge

I was wondering about this too. Want to program my Garmin with the route before setting off.
I fought my way through their crappy FAQ system and have asked for information on the route. Any joy and I'll post the answer.

If the Boss lets me I'll get the train into Manchester from Warrington, do the ride to Blackpool, have one of the biggest breakfasts known to man, and then ride back with anyone else doing so (DCLane?). But I'll turn right early for home.

Gez73

Veteran
There was decent food at the finish. Didn't have any myself but I'd brought stuff to eat. Was wet too so bring enough stuff to stay comfortable until you start the journey back. I have a rack now do will load up with tracksuit bottoms for the rest while having breakfast. Should get a group together esp. if some are returning back to Manc. or in that direction.