Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I shall be doing this single speed :biggrin:

You would be like a human torch with that lol. Wish I had enough cash for a top notch light like that.
It's a very nice light although not the brightest against some of the cheaper Cree lights. Tempted to get one though as it can run on alkaline or rechargeable AAs and so very handy for long Audax night rides without having to rely on mains charging. To be fair my old CatEye Singleshot and some Knog Frog's would do the Blackpool ride very nicely. Just trying to justify the expense I suppose :crazy:

It off topic, but what is an audax? Was a mtber until a few weeks ago.
Audax. Mainly self supported distance rides against the clock. Typical lengths 200km, 300km, 400km, 600km and the biggie for next year the London-Edinburgh-London or LEL - a 116 hour, 1400km event.

Gez73

Veteran
Did I read somewhere that they were releasing 40 people every 2 minutes?
Not sure how many they can release in one go. Thought it was about twenty last year. We'll be queueing round the building just to get to the start, the just released ones will be passing us as we wait to head off! Reckon it will take the best part of an hour or more to get everyone out. Still reckon they have to stagger the amounts released at any time for safety and that.
Selfridges at 11 it is then.

Markymark13

Not sure how many they can release in one go. Thought it was about twenty last year. We'll be queueing round the building just to get to the start, the just released ones will be passing us as we wait to head off! Reckon it will take the best part of an hour or more to get everyone out. Still reckon they have to stagger the amounts released at any time for safety and that.
Selfridges at 11 it is then.

Thanks for that. Got about 15 mile ride to get there so will aim for 11ish or just after.

Top Bottom