Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just have contact details for:

DC Lane
SportMonkey
SquareDaff
Gez73
Craven2354

If anyone else plans to join the group ride would you be able to PM me your first name and mobile number please. If nothing else, it might make it easy meeting up if someone is running late.

Thanks

Gez73

Veteran
Sweat those colds out tonight!! I'm feeling a little nervy today but it will pass once on the bike. Bright here today but likely to be cold later.

craven2354

I'm all packed and ready if you've got 18-23c tyres I have plenty of tubes so don't worry about p€%#$ur&s :smile: just need some food what do you recommend? Got gels and drink :smile:

I'm all packed and ready if you've got 18-23c tyres I have plenty of tubes so don't worry about p€%#$ur&s :smile: just need some food what do you recommend? Got gels and drink :smile:
Got two tubes which I hope is two too many. If I have to call on you for a spare I'll be a very sad cyclist indeed. You may need to change the tube for me :thumbsup:

I have 4 gels, 2 Chelsea Buns and 1 bottle of water. I may pick up sweets on the way depending on how I am feeling.

David_widnes

Veteran
all set now just bought a new front light and some bananas - im riding with 2 friends back to Warrington straight after so if anyone is thinking of do the same journey were happy to team up.

Gez73

Veteran
I'm bringing loads of sweets for sharing so don't worry. Windy down here today but very bright and sunny. Hopeful for a dry and fairly wind-free run down at least.

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
All set at this end. Gonna get there about 10:45 ish tonight so will meet you all at Selfridges at 11pm.

Spares wise I've packed: 1 x spare 19-25mm inner tube, repair patches, 2 x tyre levers, 1 link removal tool, 1 multi tool, 2 spare AAA batteries, 2 spare 10 speed shimano links and 4 tie wraps. Hopefully that should cover all eventualities.

Clothing wise: wearing my bib shorts, winter socks, removable leggings, compression base layer top, red night vision long sleeved top, full fingered gloves, clear glasses and white cycle helmet. Will have a rain jacket in the back pocket.

Lights wise - have an RSP Asteri 3 rechargeable front light which I know is good for 7 hours on full power and an RSP Radient (also rechargeable) on the back. Have a Moon Gem 2.0 and a battery powered RSP Astrum as backups.

Just going to pop out and get some snack bars - and going to use one bottle of normal cordial for drinking.
Hopefully I've not forgotten anything.

Some friends from that way on say it's nice in Blackpool at the moment but a little windy - hopefully the wind will die down tonight. The forecast says to expect rain around 7am.

See you all later.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
99% prepped; bike has two rear lights, two front (Cree & Cateye Uno for legality) plus spare batteries.

Got two tubes but multi-tool's broken :sad: (ah well, in anyway)

Food ready but someone's eaten my mini malt loaves :cursing:

Clothing wise - got clothing ready plus a change for when we get back to Manchester.

See you at 11pm.

Top Bottom