Manchester to Blackpool return transport options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomplodder

Über Member
Hi
I want to do the Manchester to Blackpool ride this coming Sunday, but not sure how I can get back to Manchester after I finish.
I rode this two years ago and raised money for christies then did it last year again and raised money for stroke cause, both times a relative kindly brought me home, but I want to try and make my own way home this time so can you please tell me the return transport options, thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
How about pedalling the old push-iron?

The organisers have a return option but IIRC it's pricey and your risking your bike as it gets piled in with all the other bikes.

You could check out the train options but I seem to recall they wouldn't let bikes on the trains from Blackpool, buy I could be wrong.

Or you might get a kindly CC'er who could oblige with transport, or a kindly CC'er who'd be happy for you to tag along with them riding back.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was told by a friend that Northern who run those trains are having a strike this coming Sat,Sun and Monday so you will either have to ride back or get a lift or not do it.
https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/industrial-action and it's a clusterfark. Nearest station with another operator is Preston and that might only be Virgin West Coast who require reservations and TPE who claim only two spaces per train and recommend reservations.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was told by a friend that Northern who run those trains are having a strike this coming Sat,Sun and Monday so you will either have to ride back or get a lift or not do it.
Northern site shows the 8th July.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ask on the facebook site for the event and say you will share petrol money. Whatever you do dont just be offering a fiver or so be generous.
^^ This is a good idea. Our car rack actually takes one more bike than we really need partly so we can help others out in this sort of situation (and partly because two touring bikes are over the weight capacity of most two-bike racks :laugh: but they've never been on there yet ).

Top Bottom