MANCHESTER UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris James

Über Member
Slim said:
The match is only semi-corporate. Barcelona is owned by the fans not millionaires. That's why they have Unicef on their shirts. Rather than accept money for sponsorship they donate money and publicity to a worthy cause.

I'm an AFC Wimbledon supporter so you can guess who I want to win tonight.

...some people think it's all over - it is now 2-0 :biggrin:

I seem to recall from my visit to Camp Nou that they were happy to accept lots of money for a stadium tour, had a massive car park to accept the coaches from glory hunters worldwide to visit and had the biggest club shop I have ever clapped eyes on!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Chris James said:
I seem to recall from my visit to Camp Nou that they were happy to accept lots of money for a stadium tour,

They were happy to let us tour the stadium for a sight of a ticket for that night's game and no money changed hands, which impressed me. I thought the most impressive thing there though was Indurain's yellow jersey from the Tour.

OP
OP
Slowgrind

Slowgrind

We`ll just have to make do with the Carling Cup, the World club champions cup and the Prem ear ship. I hope that your ship comes in one day.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Slowgrind said:
We`ll just have to make do with the Carling Cup, the World club champions cup and the Prem ear ship. I hope that your ship comes in one day.

Mine has. More times than yours (and I was there to see them). But to be fair, United were without Howard Webb.

SWINE FLU UPDATE:

25,000 Manchester United fans in Rome are pig sick.

PaulB

Legendary Member
88019319.jpg

Bless.

Slowgrind said:

That's what being a real fan is all about.

U

User169

Slim said:
The match is only semi-corporate. Barcelona is owned by the fans not millionaires. That's why they have Unicef on their shirts. Rather than accept money for sponsorship they donate money and publicity to a worthy cause.

I'm an AFC Wimbledon supporter so you can guess who I want to win tonight.

...some people think it's all over - it is now 2-0 :biggrin:

Barcelona have shedloads of corporate sponsorship - it just isn't on the jersey.

Barcelona also benefit massively from the fact that they are allowed to negotiate their own TV rights.

The premiership has a collective bargaining approach on TV rights so that the top four or five sides hugely subsidise the rest. If the teams were allowed to negotiate their own rights, you can pretty much guarantee that the league would be even more unequal than it is now, rather like Spain in fact.

Barca is as corporate as the best of them.

postman

Legendary Member
What is the difference between an egg and Barcelona.

Utd can beat an egg but they can't beat Barcelona.

yello

I reckon Man U were well beaten by a better team. They can't have any complaints about the result really. It's a credit to them that they tried to play their usual game (and looked good... for all of 10 minutes!), none of the negativity that might have been employed (well, excepting hatchet man Scholes... and it is his natural game!) Ferguson selected a very attacking side, so it's no doubt he was going for it.

What most impresses me about Barcelona is their willingness (not to mention ability) to hang on to the ball. Sometimes it's infuriating because you want someone to have a shot but they prefer to be patient and wait for better chances. They've demonstrated a master-class in possession every time I've seen them play. They play the beautiful game!

Top Bottom