Manchester Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

I was tempted by the Sunday lunch one, but it's the same time as the club run. Not sure if I can skip it, as they are quickly getting a lot better than me... Personally, I would like to do the early Saturday evening one, I would think. But, if opinions differ then that's fine.
Shall we go before or after Christmas? Wait until our pretty new jerseys have arrived?

Christopher

Über Member
Before Xmas I can do the 15-16th Dec and that's it. Out of town otherwise.
TBH I'll probably go that weekend anyway (pref the Sat) as I am trying to get my pink slip so I can start to really learn, failed again last night and was told, with typical Mancs bluntness, that I need a lot more pratice (14 of us, all nervous as kittens and riding terribly, but no crashes)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Apparently sunday is best for me. I've been told. :biggrin:

It gives me more time to get back and help with bath/bedtime as apparently my Wife can't get the hang of bathing a 3.5 year old and an 11 week old, getting them both out and dried and ready for bed, then feeding the youngest (breastfeeding) whilst reading stories to the eldest...

Who said these women can multitask??? :biggrin::ohmy:

So, Sunday for me (5pm - 6pm) but Sunday Dinner may also be possible as they both (not always the oldest now though) have a sleep then.

Any takers?

SamNichols

Pink Slip is track accreditation: just means that you are allowed to use the track without supervision. The taster sessions all have coaches around.

Christopher

Über Member
SamNichols said:
Do you mean the 16th? Yes, I should be free for then. Book yourself on (their number is on the website) and I shall see you there.
Yes. Sunday the 14th is December 2008. :biggrin:
Anyway have just booked and paid for the slot. I'll be the tall one with a bright-yellow Campag SS jersey, blue/black Gios helmet and Alan Whicker specs. Oh, the glamour.

PS anyone else is welcome to join us!

Frustruck said:
Sunday the 14th is December 2008. :biggrin:

Very close to worse than that : I very nearly went yesterday, even to the extent of finding my old Look-cleated shoes and getting-out my short-sleeve jersey and bibshorts, then did a last-minute check and realised our Tri club booking was not for Sun 2nd but for Sun 9th : I might have felt a bit of a prat turning-up a week early...:biggrin:

I'll see how this goes, won't book along with you lot the week after, but if I enjoy my session and you lot are going again in the next year I might well join you.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I've just booked for the 16th too... and got the last space! :biggrin:

Apparently we need to turn up about 15 - 20 mins prior to the start of the session for Health and Safety stuff / getting bike etc. so we may meet up then.

I'll be the nervous/lost looking one with precious little hair! :biggrin:

See you there, chaps.

SamNichols

Oh rubbish, I won't be seeing you then, if it's full! That's what happens when one doesn't get around to booking. I shall probably go at another point that week though.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
lol - sorry Sam, I thought you'd booked already from what you'd said previously.

Just me and thee then Frustruck (and probably 300 other people doing about 100mph around us).

Christopher

Über Member
Dammit Sam!:smile:
Anyway do visit and have a good time

Sharky, the taster are totally random. One week there will be lots of total beginners, the next a big block of club whippets out to burn each other off the back...

Christopher

Über Member
*dredges thread up from page 9 - things move fast in the Cafe*

hi all
Well, Sharky and I both made it. I had a great time, I hope he did as well! Sharky is a Very Nice Man BTW. Only fly in the ointment were two fast trackies cutting the rest of us up. Idiots.

We need to get a group ride together in the New Year!

Top Bottom