Manchester Velo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Wahaay - finally found this thread again!!

I too had an excellent time.

It was a strange experience trying to keep in tow behind an almost complete stranger's a*se, and then when he moved over I could slip underneath him and let him have a go from behind.... <Fnaar enters stage right>

I really enjoyed the whole evening. The 'coaching' was very hands-off (i.e. few instructions at start and then let you loose on the track) but I felt comfortable with the track and bike so maybe he didn't see any need to talk further with me (maybe he just didn't like me, instead preferring to talk to the young ladies present :angry:).

Nice to meet a fellow forummer (Frustruck), got some valuable tips/tricks/advice from him as a seasoned Velodromer and we seemed to be pretty well matched for pace around the boards too.

Altogether an excellent evening and I will definitely be going again in the not-too-distant.

Probably better to try and organise a group session (?) in the Rides, Events, Clubs and Lift Shares section of the forum next time though, see if we can get a bigger CC contingent.

atbman

Veteran
Was timed for one eyeballs out flying lap (1 lap to get up speed)

Got home, worked out speed. Was 0.5m/hr slower than the speed done over 72+ laps covered by Y. McGregor for her world hour record several weeks earlier

Of course, she was on a flash bike

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
^^ Lol - what was your time for the lap then?

I did a very rough count as Frustruck and myself went round the 250m track... and disappointingly (now that I've calculated our speed) it seems we were doing just less than 20mph.

I hasten to add that this was just 'normal' riding rather than flat out sprinting.... but still, it felt much faster somehow :sad:

Top Bottom