Manchester Velodrome.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Either should be OK.... But I'll check with the others.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
So at long last I have confirmation that Saturday 18th January 8pm to 10pm is available and is reserved pending paperwork and payment.
I'll email the booking office lunchtime to confirm and I have assumed we will all need bikes and that we will have a coach as well.

So we have 14 at the last count now @nickyboy can't make it. My extra I am still waiting on. So spaces are available. It would be good to have a full compliment but there is a while to go yet before the date so plenty of time for people to tag along as well.

Colly +1
@dan_bo
@DCLane
@Bazzer
@I like Skol
@Kestevan + IG88
@Steve H +Dave Brown
@Oldfentiger
@Pumpkin the robot
@DiddlyDodds +1

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I won't need a bike Colly as I've my own. I'll be using the session partly to test new wheels in preparation for the 2020 season; I've a rear disc and deep section front to give a try. And maybe a new frame by then as well :okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Excellent work. Thank you.
Now we have a date, I shall speak with my potential +1.
@Katherine didn't you express an interest in the last velodrome session before an off wrecked your end of 2018 year cycling?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Right. Me and the other three are all in.
Let me know when you want paying and I'll try to extort the cash from the other rebrobates.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@colly Hi I wonder if you can help. I've booked a three hour session for my club but I'm getting conflicting information from the Velodrome. Would you mind telling me:

1. Are all taking part in this accredited?
  2. Have you been required to use a coach?
  3. Does the price you've quoted on here include bike hire?
  4. The number in this thread is limited to 16. Is this imposed by the Velodrome?
Thank you

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
@colly Hi I wonder if you can help. I've booked a three hour session for my club but I'm getting conflicting information from the Velodrome. Would you mind telling me:

1. Are all taking part in this accredited?
  2. Have you been required to use a coach?
  3. Does the price you've quoted on here include bike hire?
  4. The number in this thread is limited to 16. Is this imposed by the Velodrome?
Thank you
Hi @PaulSB ,
No this is just classed as a taster session, no accreditation involved.
There will be a coach yes. I asked for one but I'm pretty sure it's a requirement for taster sessions.
The price is inclusive of bike hire.
16 is the maximum allowed at any one time on track.

For those with accreditation I would think that the maximum number on track would not be so restricted.

I don't know why but the bookings department seems to be slack to say the least. Maybe they have staff issues or something but emails are left unanswered, the phones almost always ring off or ask you to leave a message and then no one returns the call.
Emma, in the bookings office emailed me this week and has been helpful but it has taken ages to get any kind of confirmation from them.

So good luck. :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom