Map Help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Answering the original question relating to choice of paper maps - the 1-50,000 Landranger is fine for cycling (the 1-25,000 Explorer will have too much detail) - time was when the "Barts 1/2 inch" were THE cycling maps!

Personally I would avoid Sustrans printed maps.

Rob
Agree - landrangers.
Explorers are interesting maps but too much detail/too small an area to take on a ride.. I used to lead rides south of London - sometimes with explorers I'd have to take 4 maps.
Goldeneye do a Norfolk map don't they?
Ideal for a cycling overview.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
As above, 1:50k OS are best for cycling. If you have the budget you could do what I have for where I live and buy both 1:25k and 1:50k for your entire area (as large as you like. Bing maps are good, click on the layers to bring up OS maps. I also have a yearly subscription to OS maps, which is useful.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Looks interesting, just wish I could use their website. No button to click 'I accept'!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As above, 1:50k OS are best for cycling. If you have the budget you could do what I have for where I live and buy both 1:25k and 1:50k for your entire area (as large as you like.
I bought OS mapping for the whole country on Memory Map at 1:250,000, 1:50,000, 1:25,000 and 1:10,000 (street level) for about £160. I am happy to stick to viewing the maps onscreen but I could print out paper maps of any selected area if I chose to.

Top Bottom