Marathon \ Snickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I worked in the printing industry and this rebranding was fairly lucrative as it was something like this:- From original Marathon, it then went Marathon (known as Snickers), then Snickers (previously called Marathon) and then finally it was just Snickers. So three lots of changes for each pack size, size reduction (shrinkflation) wasn't involved I don't think.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I always thoughts Snickers was a really weird name. First off, it's plural - the bar is singular. But also, it sounds completely wrong - the word suggests little hard-coated sweets, like Smarties, rattling against each other. Perhaps the oddest-named of all confectioneries.
Weird is right. Snickers sounds too much like Sneakers - very stinky sweaty unwashed connotations there. Obvs no one ever sweats in a Marathon

used to love a snickers , i can't eat them now with my teeth getting more porous
just feels like it's melting them, same with Mars bar :cry:

Gunk

Guru
It’s funny when I was a kid I ate loads of sweets and chocolate bars, they do nothing for me now, I hardly ever eat them.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Ooh Topic. Now you're talking. I also love double deckers (or double decathlon as they used to be called)

My OH really likes Double Deckers, though we call them Mini Buses now such is the decrease in size from the DD of old.

For Snickers fans, I can recommend the Asda knock offs - Nutty Bars. 6 snack size ones for about 65p.

In other important news, Cadbury are bringing back Old Jamaica Bourneville choc bars soon apparently.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Funnily enough I have always said that the Double Decker seems not to have succumbed to the diet most chocolate bars have been on - they still feel pretty fulsome in the hand. I'm a big Double Decker fan, and was also a huge Star Bar follower but had one this week and it was definitely not the same.

'Course the Star Bar was the Peanut Boost for a while - silly idea.

Top Bottom