Marathon \ Snickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Along with all the others...

I always thoughts Snickers was a really weird name. First off, it's plural - the bar is singular. But also, it sounds completely wrong - the word suggests little hard-coated sweets, like Smarties, rattling against each other. Perhaps the oddest-named of all confectioneries.
It's named after a horse, apparently. Not as weird as this, I'm not sure if it's to be said in a tone of surprise, anticipation or disappointment. The owner of my LBS is named Henry, I should ask him.

andy-bar-18-oz-candy-bars-nestle-1-bar-126621_800x.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I assume post brexit we will be going back to Marathon with a 10% uplift in price.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
If you want peanut overload - try Buckeyes

Basically peanut butter filled chocolate conkers

That is if you can get hold of them - they are officially licenced to Ohio State University

I have a mate who sends me over a box, now and then :whistle:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Snickers will have been chosen as a pan-European name that can be said by anybody in any language, enabling them to make it in one massive central factory and wrap it in a multi-lingual flow wrapper. We need Greg Wallace to go there and tell us how many tons of peanuts are consumed in a day. "You're 'avin' a larf! 'Ar many of these do you make in a day?"

Chris S

Legendary Member
I always thoughts Snickers was a really weird name.
It sounds like 'knickers' to me. I don't know why they didn't rename it 'Panties' and have done with it.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I assume post brexit we will be going back to Marathon with a 10% uplift in price.

There is going to be a special edition Twix called Twixit

One stick will be the same as a normal Twix, but the second will choose to remain in the packet, no matter how hard you try to get it out

steverob

Guru
There is going to be a special edition Twix called Twixit

One stick will be the same as a normal Twix, but the second will choose to remain in the packet, no matter how hard you try to get it out

Actually Twix has already had a re-name, although in Europe and not here. Over there it was originally called Raider, but they had to change it in the 90's to Twix like we had to change Marathon to Snickers so that everyone had the same names.

Top Bottom