March 29th Group Riding Restarts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do folks think we will be fine to have takeaway coffee stops, if we ride in Sixes?
Changes on 29 March
Social contact
The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do folks think we will be fine to have takeaway coffee stops, if we ride in Sixes?
Yes according to rules from 29 March
Social contact
The evidence shows that it is safer for people to meet outdoors rather than indoors. And this is why from 29 March, when most schools start to break up for the Easter holidays, outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will also be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet outside.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
BC has directors appointed by the gov.uk "executive non-departmental public body" currently named Sport England. I think CUK and AUK would need to have similar to qualify as National Governing Bodies. CUK's charitable status may prevent that. I don't know about AUK.

(Edited to rephrase)

You don’t have to be a NGB, you just have to be in line with the guidance. Audax UK talk directly with Sport England, Sport Wales etc. Audax restarts on 29th March but you will need to be in a group size maximum of 6 with staggered starts for calendar events. Note only audax up 300km at that point.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You don’t have to be a NGB, you just have to be in line with the guidance. Audax UK talk directly with Sport England, Sport Wales etc. Audax restarts on 29th March but you will need to be in a group size maximum of 6 with staggered starts for calendar events. Note only audax up 300km at that point.
Sixes rather than 15 sounds like they're using the general public guidance, not under BC.

AUK announced the "Sixes" approach before the BC statement. There hasn't been any change AFAIK since the BC comments.
Most audaxes involve interaction with locals outside of the event team (e.g. buying stuff from shops) , so I can't see them going for 15s.
They are quite happy with large fields, provided you have a COVID officer with a plan etc etc.

Top Bottom