Marin Gestalt gravel bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingspirit

Hi All,
Any Marin Gestalt 2.5 owners here?
What is the max tyre size you can fit ?
Official Marin website site says max 35c can be fitted, but I have a feeling bigger tyre can be squeezed. As 35c probably not enough for a gravel bike. Just wondering if any owners here. Cheers!
marin-gestalt-25-black-red-1.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Plenty of gravel tyres come in a 35mm. I have some on my Sabbath (Schwalbes)

DRM

Guru
35mm is as wide as it will take, on mine I have the original wheels with 33mm Vittoria Terreno Dry tyres, and a pair of Fulcrum 800 Disc wheels with Conti GP5000's both are comfy, the Vittoria's punch above their weight off tarmac, but slide a bit in sloppy mud, but are pretty descent on tarmac with fallen leaves and are a good compromise for mixed use, linking off road trails with tarmac roads to make a loop up, the bike itself is very comfy to ride and is very stable too, and the latest Tiagra on mine changes gear noticeably smoother than it's earlier version, the gearing is a good choice for mixed surface use too, it's had the most use out of all my bikes which speaks volumes, I honestly don't think you need to go wider, if it's that bad out I'd use my MTB
Edit:
Just looked at Marin's website and it's got hydraulic brakes, mine has TRP Spyres which are good, but that takes it to the next level, go test ride one, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom