Marin Lucas Valley bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dac

Hi,
I’m on the hunt for a new bike. Something to get me to and from work. 2 miles each way. Maybe longer depending the route I take.
I feel a hybrid is the best type of bike for me. I saw this bike (below link) on ebay but unfortunately I missed out.

It ended up going for £105. For the model and condition (see pics) is this a bargain, fair price, or should the bike have gone for a lot more money?
I’m wishing to understand how much the Marin Lucas Valley bikes should be selling for second hand.
Is the bike in the link a good bike, and a good conditioned one too? Or was lucky to have missed out on it?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marin-Lucas-Valley-Hybrid-Bike-/283041877501?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=7TQNojfGzxQHyLT0pCpYFJRcm%2BA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Link isn't working. TBH a 2 mile commute can be done on any bike. Is it an on-road commute? I suggest you look at rigid MTBs or rigid hybrids. Really shouldn't be any need for suspension. Look for tyres of 28mm and fatter for the ultimate versatility.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure that would have suited your needs. I'm always a bit wary when the seller says 'it needs a service'!
Try to find a bike that's had little use if you can. By that I mean something that was maybe bought on impulse and not used a lot.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Last edited:
Reactions: dac
OP
OP
D

dac

Ah, that's a shame. I presume you can see the photos of the Marin in question. One poster said they couldn't. How much do you feel would be the fair price for the bike based on the condition in the photos? It also had mudguards and a rack.
The main reason why I didn't make the effort to win it was the seller stated it was the 2006 model, however when I searched to read more on the bike's spec it looked nothing like the 2006 model but instead it looked exactly like the 2012 model. If you fancy taking a look, what are you thoughts?

It does look like a nice bike.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Having had a look at the link and the original listing , i am not sure of age

I think it's got carbon forks and rear stays (only uppers) and doesn't look in bad condition although seller suggests it need's a service so i would have thought £150 is a fair price

Reactions: dac
OP
OP
D

dac

Wow, thank you both for searching for me.
Cardiff is too far for me.
I would prefer a hybrid over an MTB.

Salar

A fish out of water
@dac

It's been recommended on here before and a few of us have one. If you can find an older Raleigh Pioneer in reasonable condition you won't go far wrong.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
OP
OP
D

dac

Thanks for looking for me but I can (and should) do my own leg work. I was just curious to understand what you thought of the Marin bike and what you though a fair price should be for it so I can take that info forward, and ultimately if I should've gone for it at that price.

Last edited:

Salar

A fish out of water
Top Bottom