Marin pine mountain bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User19783

Well that's it, I've gone and done it, coming Wednesday :hyper:

Well that's it, I've gone and done it, coming Wednesday :hyper:

Just received this :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
Rutland Order.png

OP
OP
U

User19783

Right the bike was delivered tonight, but I wasted a whole day waiting.:boxing:

Annoying it was left outside our front door all boxed, I guess it was left because it was after 18:30, lucky no damage to the bike, and I've built it up and now it's ready to go:hyper:

The bike looks the nutz, I think the first ride might have to wait till week Sunday, unfortunately life is getting in the way, oh well.

I brought the a 17" medium frame, just right.

Had a quick mooch out on mine tonight for the first time :hyper:

Initially there was a clicking from the front brake that was constant when moving but disappeared as soon as I touched the brake lever. Had a look but couldn't see anything so I whipped the wheel out but still couldn't see anything, so I put the wheel back and it stopped, go figure :crazy:

It certainly made me smile :biggrin: I might need to play with the tyre pressures a tad but that's about it.

Can't wait to give it some proper stick now :okay::bicycle:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@User19783 & @smokeysmoo dont forget the running in period for all new mechanical things ...oh and the free first service

you 2 have got me lusting after one of the Marin Four Corners , will have to wait another few years till they are old enough to enter the garage of Biggs682 :laugh:

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bike...ers-2017-steel-touring-road-bike-green_375092

OP
OP
U

User19783

@User19783 & @smokeysmoo oh and the free first service
Not easy when they're about 2.5 hours drive away, one of the joys of buying online innit :headshake:

That said I've never thought they do a great deal with those free 6 week services anyway, and certainly nothing I can't do myself :becool:

Looks nice that four corners, but as you say without any vintage or a certain patina it would have no place in your stable :laugh:

OP
OP
U

User19783

IMG_0045.JPG
Managed to grad a quick ride this afternoon.only did 6 road miles, but I am impressed.
Tire pressure around 28psi ,and ok.

One thing I am not sure about is, on Rutland cycle web site, the bike spec says it has 110mm thru-axle, well mine came QR Skewers, not the same in my book, so I've sent Rutland cycles an email.

Anyway really please with the bike, but my other issues/concern is cable rub on the head tube and forks, I've taped around these areas, hopefully it will be all ok.

One thing I am not sure about is, on Rutland cycle web site, the bike spec says it has 110mm thru-axle, well mine came QR Skewers, not the same in my book, so I've sent Rutland cycles an email.

I think I read somewhere that the spec was wrong. The Pine Mountain 1 was QR and the PM 2 has bolt through :wacko:

Anyway really please with the bike, but my other issues/concern is cable rub on the head tube and forks, I've taped around these areas, hopefully it will be all ok.
Yup I've taped the same areas, should be OK I reckon.

Slight problem with mine. When I first took it around the block there was a clicking noise from the front brake area, (like the spokes hitting something). I went home and had a look but couldn't see anything abvious. I removed the front wheel and re-seated and it stopped, happy days.

BUT! I went tonight and about 3 miles in it started again, but it stops with the slightest of pressure applied to the front brake lever. Anyhoo I got back home and had another look, now I can see the front rotor is catching on the body of the hydraulic brake :cursing:

I've emailed them and will have to wait to see how they handle it.

Brake.jpg Rotor.jpg

OP
OP
U

User19783

Hi @smokeysmoo
Do you think the front wheel not seated in the forks correctly?
I had a genesis bike where the front wheel was off centre, :wacko:, Genesis replaced the forks for me.

Today When cycling no handed, I had to correct my balance by leaning to the right a bit, so I might reseat the tyres.
But not a problem.

Do you think the front wheel not seated in the forks correctly?.
Turns out one of the threads on the front brake post mount had been cross threaded, so when it was tightened it was throwing the caliper slightly off line! :wacko:

Damian at DJ CYCLES in Ramsbottom came to the rescue, he's replaced the mount today and I'll pick the bike up tomorrow, superb service from a great guy :okay:

The bill, and the damaged part will both be going off to Rutland so they can reimburse me accordingly :cursing:

Top Bottom