Marin pine mountain bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User19783

Great news and great service.
Glad you are back on track .

Tonight I used mine from the commute to work, the route is along a single track next to the river Thames, but other cyclists use it too :whistle:. The trouble with the Marin the handle bars are soooo big, I have to go off track to avoid contact with oncoming bikes, :wacko:picked up a bloody thorn, dead flat within a minute, and the only spare tube I've got, is for a 29er, luckily it fitted all ok.
Note to self.:Buy some plus size tubes asap.

The trouble with the Marin the handle bars are soooo big, I have to go off track to avoid contact with oncoming bikes, :wacko:picked up a bloody thorn, dead flat within a minute, and the only spare tube I've got, is for a 29er, luckily it fitted all ok.

I know exactly what you mean with the bars, I had a few twitchy moments the other night whilst hurtling through some woods. It's in my mind to chop them down a bit, but it won't be a rushed decision until I've ridden it a lot more.

I bought a couple of tubes last week, but hoping I won't need them anytime soon. I was thinking about going tubeless, but the stock tyres aren't compatible so it's more ££££'s, and being a big guy I've no real interest in running low low pressures.

Don't chop them down, at least not too much. You'll find they come into their own on a choppy descent when you're being kicked around a lot. Of course if you never do that, take a bit off but not too much as it's matched to the stem and head angle. If you want them a fair bit narrower, you might need a longer stem.

Doseone

Guru
I had one of the original Pine Mountains, loved that bike. Put XC thumbshifters and a Flexstem (remember those?) on it.

Hope the OP gets as many years of pleasure out of yours as I did out of mine.

Diggs

Veteran
Loving mine...Still pretty much stock but tempted to go tubeless

IMG_20170416_142819_093.jpg

DSC_0664_1.JPG
DSC_0651_1.JPG

OP
OP
U

User19783

Unfortunately I've not ridden mine much, work and other stuff has got in the way.

Talking about going going tubeless,
when I went tubeless on my 29er, it was ok, for the first couple of months but as my bikes sit still for a long time, So i found the sealant harden, making it useless.

The problem with this bike, is the cost of inner tubes, £9.00 just for one:wacko:

Managed to find one company which was selling then cheap, so I bought 3 for £20.
Also bought a puncture repair kit.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Unfortunately I've not ridden mine much, work and other stuff has got in the way.

when I went tubeless on my 29er, it was ok, for the first couple of months but as my bikes sit still for a long time, So i found the sealant harden, making it useless.

The problem with this bike, is the cost of inner tubes, £9.00 just for one:wacko:

Managed to find one company which was selling then cheap, so I bought 3 for £20.

Tube sizing is increasingly universal.

This Schwalbe tube is marked as suitable for 27.5"/650b wheel up to 2.4* tyre width, and 29er/700c from 1.5" to 2.4".

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy...28-27.5-31695?currency=3&delivery_country=190

Diggs

Veteran

I bought a couple of cheap Vee brand tubes As they're bulkier than the stock ones I swapped them and keep the lighter ones in the backpack (can fit 2 tubes in one Vee box) . There were some on Wiggle I saw but needed some searching as weren't clearly categorised in the description

Likewise for the tubeless. I'm going to make decision when I need new tyres as they aren't cheap either

OP
OP
U

User19783

Tube sizing is increasingly universal.

This Schwalbe tube is marked as suitable for 27.5"/650b wheel up to 2.4* tyre width, and 29er/700c from 1.5" to 2.4".

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy...28-27.5-31695?currency=3&delivery_country=190

At the moment, I have a 29er x 2.4 inner tube in the front, it's ok and it got me to work and back, but ours need 27.5 x3.00,
I could feel the differences when I was blowing up the 29er inner tube, needed a lot more air/ pressure to fill the tire.

I tried to post a link earlier, where I brought my tubes from, but it included my personal details, so I deleted it.

At the moment, I have a 29er x 2.4 inner tube in the front, it's ok and it got me to work and back, but ours need 27.5 x3.00,
I could feel the differences when I was blowing up the 29er inner tube, needed a lot more air/ pressure to fill the tire.

I tried to post a link earlier, where I brought my tubes from, but it included my personal details, so I deleted it.
Did it include your personal details because you are logged into the site, whereas, we wouldn't be. Plus, you can trust us :whistle:

Top Bottom