Mark Beaumont - Around The World In 80 Days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is at it again.

Planning to cycle round the world in 80 days.

Guardian Link

upload_2017-4-3_10-19-14.png

I was just reading that: Guiness have changed the rules to include travel time and this time he's doing it supported.

On a side note; does anyone know why Mike Hall's record was never ratified?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Blimey - he is going to be replying on a lot of border guards to make passage simple. All it would take is one days delay at any of the borders and his attempt is over. Good luck to him, but I wonder what Julian Sayarer will have to say this time.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It looks like he will be using his Koga Solicio Di2 again. The same bike he used on the Africa Challenge. I see he is going through Invercargill, the home of Burt Munro of Worlds fastest Indian fame.

Thats another jersey and book I will have to buy. Im glad he is using the same bike, because I like mine.

A model in how to get publicity.
Funny you should say that. MB has done some impressive things but that phrase pretty much sums him up.

Tin Pot

Guru
I wonder how long you could do the journey and enjoy it, take in the sites and views, meet people etc.

If he's doing 75 days cycling plus 15 in airports etc...add another 50 and maybe another 75 for cycling at a more reasonable rate...215 days?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4748655, member: 9609"]where did he start from for his round britain ? see he is down to folkstone now, I will be a while before he heads down northumberland but I might go and wish him well. Is there a route map of his route ?[/QUOTE]
He set off from London and is going anti clockwise.

Top Bottom