1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Beaumont - Around The World In 80 Days

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by ianrauk, 3 Apr 2017.

1. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

NickNick, jay clock and Milkfloat like this.
  2. Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs Down Under Member

My apologies if someone's already posted this, I realise it's already a month old:
    Last edited: 9 Aug 2017
    NickNick, ColinJ and Gez73 like this.
  3. Sea of vapours

Sea of vapours Über Member

4. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Über Member

East Devon
    I guess this is always a risk if you drive along a long, clear major road at 20mph. Better the careless/dangerous shunter ran into a following vehicle than the cyclist himself. But would have this driver hit a lone cyclist riding on the hard shoulder? Who knows? RIP Mike Hall.
  5. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

Hampshire UK
    I have just been reading about the whole thing and am seriously impressed. He has done it solo the hard way so he has nothing to prove, but this is very different and hope he makes it safely and on time
  6. Smeggers II

Smeggers II Legendary Member

He should be on the plane on his way back over to Europe as I type. Amazing achievement (so far).
  7. Sea of vapours

The flight's at 1410 local time - so 1810 UK time - to Newark and onwards to Lisbon. I'm sure it'll be a relief to get the last flight done, those being the bits which are out of the control of him and the team. It must have been good to arrive at the airport with quite a few hours to spare on this flight too.
    Smeggers II likes this.
  8. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

He's on track to finish today.
  9. Rocky

Rocky A Scotsman abroad

He should finish between 5.30-5.45pm UK time. Brilliant effort.
    Gez73 and jay clock like this.
  10. chriswoody

chriswoody Veteran

Last edited: 18 Sep 2017
    Gez73, Cycleops, ColinJ and 2 others like this.
  11. Supersuperleeds

Supersuperleeds Guru

12. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Accra, Ghana
    Fantastic achievement. Well done Mark.
  13. OP

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Barmy in Barming
    Amazing stuff.
  14. Sea of vapours

That was an excellent 79 days of dot-watching and his twice, or more, daily video updates have really helped to maintain interest and understanding of how the attempt was going. A thoroughly impressive achievement and one which I suspect will stand as the record for quite a while, given the cost and logistics challenge of having such comprehensive support.
    stoatsngroats likes this.
  15. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

absolutely staggering , that's gonna take some beating :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    stoatsngroats likes this.