Mark Cavendish injured at Ghent Six Day yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ooh they did that to me when I was skiing!!! Not going to watch the video...
I got mine after a fall, the bone didn't heal with the first one so they removed that and fitted a bigger diameter one, there might have been an infection involved though as they gave me a couple of massive injections of antibiotics almost like the cartoon sized syringe. I dunno cos they never told me anything, just approached me with this thing that looked like a garden sprayer with a needle on the end,,,,, twice. :ohmy:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I got mine after a fall, the bone didn't heal with the first one so they removed that and fitted a bigger diameter one, there might have been an infection involved though as they gave me a couple of massive injections of antibiotics almost like the cartoon sized syringe. I dunno cos they never told me anything, just approached me with this thing that looked like a garden sprayer with a needle on the end,,,,, twice. :ohmy:

I had similar after my op and was told it was cellulitis.

My foot ballooned to the size of a rugby ball.

I was in that bed for 6 weeks having those injection, plus made to swallow tables the size of AA batteries

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That was handy... An ugly, unshortened link, leading to an inaccessible story! :laugh:
IMO Unshortened links are better because they at least display the linked domain (although that's easy to fake)

But I do think posted links should be accompanied by a brief description of what's at the other end - just out of politeness to enable the reader to decide whether or not they are interested enough to click. But I'm not obsessive about that*. Just an opinion.

* I am obsessive about it, but I try to pretend not to be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That one told me that I need to sign up to read whatever it is. Nope, I don't do that.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That one told me that I need to sign up to read whatever it is. Nope, I don't do that.
I do have an account, and I do have the app. I never look at it mind these days, I just signed up out of curiosity. Anyway, I went on to my phone, clicked on the link, it opened the app and gave me a "Story Unavailable" error. So you aren't missing anything.

Top Bottom