Mark Cavendish - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
He was far better when they caught up with him at the finish line of stage 4.
Chatty sociable and all for cheering on David Millar.

Good sprint from Cavendish!

Let's wait for the interview and see if he's received any advice about modesty!

nigelj

he got a few points back in the interview after the sprint but lost them again after almost running into that spectator.

dodgy

I've made my mind up, he's a cock. I'll still root for him, but I won't be hanging on his every word in interviews that we only get when he's won or in a good mood. And I can do without 'you know' 5 times per sentence anyway.

Dave.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
He sounded quite good on the radio this morning: modest, confident but not cocky, praised his team mates and dealt adequately with such inspired questions as, "If you're really fast on a bike, why can't you sprint up mountains?".

dodgy

Alan H said:
"If you're really fast on a bike, why can't you sprint up mountains?".

Ah I see, to be fair, he would be justified in knocking out the interviewer with that question :blush:

Seriously though, it does demonstrate the pure lack of understanding of this sport if an interviewer asks that kind of question, even if he knows the answer, he's presumably asking it on behalf of his listeners.

I always wondered why Linford Christie was rubbish at the Marathon :wacko:

Dave.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think he's probably ok. He just gave one dodgy interview when he was really disappointed and was collared while still on the bike and out of breath. Who knows how we'd react if a gobby reporter stuck a mic under your nose and asked you what you need to learn. He also showed he didn't need to learn much by winning 2 stages after that so at least he backed up the bravado. I don't have aproblem with sportsmen being aggressive and self confident in their ability, that's why they get where they are.
British sport has a history of likeable losers.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
dodgy said:
Seriously though, it does demonstrate the pure lack of understanding of this sport if an interviewer asks that kind of question, even if he knows the answer, he's presumably asking it on behalf of his listeners.
The ITV4 continuity announcer did urge us to watch out for Cav on the Saturday stage, in case he won again...

Top Bottom