Mark Cavendish - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Good interview with Cav in the Guardian and he is also doing a blog
for them.

Not sure about the perm though very 80's, has Cav been taking advice off Wiggins.

He looks like Ryan Giggs!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
Not sure about the perm though very 80's, has Cav been taking advice off Wiggins.
He just figures he can get away with anything so long as Wiggins keeps that Paul Weller's bad hair day look.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well,

he didn't want to talk much after yeasterday's stage - he finished about 10-11th after the four riders who broke away early on, took the stage...

kennykool

I agree with DAVE5N - Cav's attitude is tremedous. When asked if he'd join a GB team for the Tour he answered along the line of "yeah i'd love to but I'm THE hottest property in cycling at the moment!, so who knows what will happen"

Gotta love that

Def a gonna be a star over the coming years

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
He's an arrogant tw*t as far as I can tell - sorry!

Last year he seemd a nice genuine bloke, eager to learn and enjoying his first tour.... this year "I don't have anything to learn" .... no, course you don't Sonny... perhaps a little humility and respect??? :evil::wacko:!

dodgy

I saw him interviewed on ITV4 just after the GB team manager had been talking about putting a credible team of riders together for an attack on the Tour for 2010 or thereabouts. The team would consist only of GB riders. Cav was asked by the interviewer if he would be interested - "well I'm really hot property right now so I have to think about it" (or words similar). I thought "you arrogant git". On the other hand, it's good that a British rider has some confidence, but learn to channel it FFS!

Dave.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He needs to be careful not to fall into the trap of over confidence. Nobody likes a smug winner and he could be heading for a pratfall. It's a fine line.

kennykool

Theres a thin line between Arrogance and Confidence.
I saw the very same interview DODGY and when he made those comments i thought "thats the attitude we need to see in a young rider!"

Good luck to him...I am a fan!

peekay76

He genuinely is the fastest in the last 200m and he's proved it so why not say it? He admitted that he's not consistent enough to win the green jersey yet but said that he'll be aiming for it in a couple of years. Realistic ambitions I think.

He's doing a great deal for himself and a great deal for promoting cycling in this country. Good luck to the lad I say and it's good to see someone with a winning mentality. I think we're so used to being told that we shouldn't say stuff in case we upset other people that we're scared of telling people what we're good at. As long as he can back up his words with actions then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
When the bunch came towards the last 300 metres in yesterday's Tour stage, one of the commentators on Belgian TV said something like, "So who's going to win, McEwen, Zabel and don't rule out Cavendish?", and the other commentator said "No, Cavendish has got the wrong attitude. If he thinks he's not going to win, he doesn't try." I thought that was quite telling. Cav came in tenth.

Top Bottom