England : Leicestershire Market Bosworth ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Looks like it`s gonna be a wet one :rain:

No probs :okay:

Looks like showers based on the metoffice reports....Lufbra is dry but Bosworth wet, similar if I try other nearby places. Hopefully we'll be lucky!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
That's forecast has changed :rain:. The ride will happen unless it's changes to biblical rain .
I have a contingency plan for the picnic which involve riding from Bosworth to Anstey to my sister's house then riding back will be a bit hilly than the Bosworth route
Hoping for better weather

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ok looks like i might be able to come , i got my weeks mixed up , what avg speed are we aiming for as i might bring my slicked mtb if its the 14 mph ish originally planned

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Ok looks like i might be able to come , i got my weeks mixed up , what avg speed are we aiming for as i might bring my slicked mtb if its the 14 mph ish originally planned
Your more than welcome . It will be a slowish pace my mate Andy coming and hes a 14 mph man and @graham bowers is also at that pace .
Weather looking iffy and back up plan of riding to Anstey for food and back to Bosworth distance will still be 30 to 35 miles . Bosworth to Bosworth

Let me know which route we're doing tomorrow!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Let me know which route we're doing tomorrow!
I am leaving the decision about the picnic which will decide the route until around 1700 tomorrow . I really want to do the picnic but sitting in the rain Dosn't appeal don't mind riding in it . Will post around 1700 tomorrow

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Your more than welcome . It will be a slowish pace my mate Andy coming and hes a 14 mph man and @graham bowers is also at that pace .
Weather looking iffy and back up plan of riding to Anstey for food and back to Bosworth distance will still be 30 to 35 miles . Bosworth to Bosworth

I might come on the hybrid if that's the case. Never done an 100 miler on it.

Bugger that, I'm coming on the Allez, I'll sit at the back if it rains (no mudguards)

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Unfortunately the forecast is refusing to change from rain . So the outdoor picnic will not happen :rain:
So contingency plan is in action . The plan is meet At Bosworth Park at 0930 ride 20 miles back to Anstey for cake and Sandwiches by about 1100 . Have about an hour drying out and warming up then head back to Bosworth area for around 1300 .
If anybody wants to bail due to the forecast I will not be offended
Please note new start time 0930
Please reply so I know you have read this
Still looking forward to it :rain::dance:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Unfortunately the forecast is refusing to change from rain . So the outdoor picnic will not happen :rain:
So contingency plan is in action . The plan is meet At Bosworth Park at 0930 ride 20 miles back to Anstey for cake and Sandwiches by about 1100 . Have about an hour drying out and warming up then head back to Bosworth area for around 1300 .
Please reply so I now you read this
I will see how it is , if its going to be really piddling i doubt it as i have enough of that in the week .

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Please reply so I know you have read this

Noted.

I've put some clip on mudguards on the Allez so I shouldn't send spray everywhere!

Top Bottom