Market stall holders.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Does anyone know,if Market stall holders have to put prices on things they sell.Today after leaving the Hospital i had a rummage in Leeds Market,looking for a black leather wallet with plenty of card holders,well i found one a £10 real leather.So me being me i went on the hunt for a cheaper version.I could not find one they were dearer.So back i went,now it was a bloke serving the husband i suppose.So i starts off i am looking for a gents wallet with lots of card slots.He knows his stuff he picks up the exact one his wife showed me.Again i look it over mind you i had already seen it and i was going to buy it.Ok how much as there is no price.£12,oh that's funny one hour ago it was only £10 your wife showed me it.ok sir £10.So question is do stall holders have to show a price at all times.

classic33

Leg End Member
Simple answer is yes. Prices to be displayed, but not each item priced.

Report it to the staff in the market. They cover inside and outside markets, but don't venture outside too often.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
£10 for a wallet?! That would be worth more than the cash inside!

Gawd i can't get away from you.Last week you appeared in print in a Harry Potter book.Last night on page 357 in Tom Clancy's True Faith and Allegiance you pop up and i quote 'Oh.Hello Drago.Then page 360 you have a bigger mention.'Don't worry about it,Drago.I'll talk with them.
Where next will our hero appear.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I was looking for a simillar wallet a few months ago and found one. But as soon as you put in all your bank cards and loyalty cards, the wallet turns into a brick and hardly able to be folded.

Yes that's what has happened with mine.But it is handier than the long one that was getting bent because it was too long for my pockets.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I was looking for a simillar wallet a few months ago and found one. But as soon as you put in all your bank cards and loyalty cards, the wallet turns into a brick and hardly able to be folded.
Corr - just how many cards do you need?

Sharky

Guru
Corr - just how many cards do you need?
Senior Rail Card
Driving licence
ETTA membership card
Sparks
Waitrose
Bank Card
3 * credit cards
My John Lewis
B&Q Diamond
Nectar

That's 12 and that's after I cleared out a load of other discount cards
Also have a load of receipts stuffed in AND very occasionally I actually put some bank notes inside as well - currently £15

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Senior Rail Card
Driving licence
ETTA membership card
Sparks
Waitrose
Bank Card
3 * credit cards
My John Lewis
B&Q Diamond
Nectar

That's 12 and that's after I cleared out a load of other discount cards
Also have a load of receipts stuffed in AND very occasionally I actually put some bank notes inside as well - currently £15
- start of a 'what's in your wallet?' thread?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Funnily enough when I've bought old ornaments and such like off market stalls I always kept the labels on them. I gave a figurine to a friend about a year ago. The other week she mentioned it and said "it must've been quite expensive. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it"? Just look underneath the base, I replied. The next time I saw her she said "Oh it was only a pound", sounding a bit disappointed.:smile:

I bought something from a market holder a good few years ago. Handed him a tenner and as he gave me my change he did the most ridiculous flick with his finger and thumb so that as the fiver touched my hand it immediately skipped out and fell down to the floor. I eyed him calmly with my hand still out and open and said he'd dropped the fiver. He mumbled, picked it up and then did the same thing again! This time no words were exchanged but my eyebrows raised and my head tilted slightly. I got my fiver but I did wonder how often that trick worked for him.

Top Bottom