Mastectomy and breast reconstruction.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
A friend of mine's undergone both of these procedures over the last couple of years - the latter having been done a month ago.
They took skin, blood vessels and fat from her lower belly to reconstruct her breast. It's absolutely amazing what surgical techniques can accomplish these days.
My friend throughout has been an absolute trouper, maintaining a cheerful, positive outlook, whilst being completely open about what's been being done to her - fielding all questions with a frank and friendly manner. She's even been able to laugh at herself, which, to me, is THE most attractive feature in any person and this has put her concerned friends at ease.
She sat with us for a coffee yesterday and admitted, amidst guffaws that she's found pubic hairs sprouting on her new breast and effortlessly fielded such comments from onlookers with amused disdain as,
"You're lucky the surgeon didn't misread your notes and give you a vasectomy instead." and
"If you feel hungry, does your boob start to rumble?"
I told her she should write a book about her experiences and call it 'A Tale of Two Titties'.
She thumped me.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
As a mere man its difficult/impossible to understand how women cope with this procedure.
Mrs Dave had what I call a partial but decided against rebuilding. She has coped very well with the mental side.
Your mate seems to be doing very well......her friends and family need to keep an eye open to ensure she isnt hiding things......but good on her for that attitude.

classic33

Leg End Member
A friend of mine's undergone both of these procedures over the last couple of years - the latter having been done a month ago.
They took skin, blood vessels and fat from her lower belly to reconstruct her breast. It's absolutely amazing what surgical techniques can accomplish these days.
My friend throughout has been an absolute trouper, maintaining a cheerful, positive outlook, whist being completely open about what's been being done to her - fielding all questions with a frank and friendly manner. She's even been able to laugh at herself, which, to me, is THE most attractive feature in any person and this has put her concerned friends at ease.
She sat with us for a coffee yesterday and admitted, amidst guffaws that she's found pubic hairs sprouting on her new breast and effortlessly fielded such comments from onlookers as,
"You're lucky the surgeon didn't misread your notes and give you a vasectomy instead." and
"If you feel hungry, does your boob start to rumble."
I told her she should write a book about her experiences and call it 'A Tale of Two Titties.'
She thumped me.
She only thumped you!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My sister-in-law has only recently been diagnosed with a breast lump. She is going in this coming Monday to have the lump removed and will have it tested for aggressiveness to decide further treatment. If it's non aggressive I think reconstruction will also be the route, or a full mastectomy if it proves aggressive. She is also being so brave.

Top Bottom