Masters competitor busted for hidden electric motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cronorider

Why anybody would put a motor in his bike to cheat is beyond me - and for an amateur race?

http://cyclingmagazine.ca/spotlight/53-year-old-masters-cyclist-caught-hidden-motor/

"A masters cyclist has been caught using an electric motor in his bike at an amateur race in the north of Italy according to Italian media.

A 53-year-old Italian cyclist was caught on Saturday with a motor in his bike at a race in Bedizzole, near Brescia. The organizers detected the motor using a thermal camera during the event according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
According to Tuttobici, cyclist Alessandro Andreol finished third in the race and was asked to bring his bike the commissaires for further inspection after the race. Dissembling Andreol’s Argon 18 was unnecessary as he admitted his guilt and left the race. The first five finishers all had their bikes checked."

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Seems incredible, but then people cheat at monopoly when there is nothing at stake so it is bound to be going on.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
When I read the title I pictured....

starters.jpg

ocianbricles

Unless the rewards are great, there's no point in winning because at heart you know you didn't really win because of cheating. Something you know you're going to have to live with . . . Unless, as I say, there is some large material reward!

U

User33236

Unless the rewards are great, there's no point in winning because at heart you know you didn't really win because of cheating. Something you know you're going to have to live with . . . Unless, as I say, there is some large material reward!
Still not a valid excuse IMHO. Cheating is cheating regardless of the reward and consequences should be severe for those caught.

CUBE CRD

What about the London Marathon...taking short cuts etc.
They want a reward without too much effort...even if it's only a faster 'completion' time....

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
He should be given a special prize since he's bloody brilliant. Anyone who can hide a motor and a battery inside a bicycle frame with no external evidence of its existence, deserves to wear yellow. Good on him, in the name of engineering.

It's relatively straightforward if using a Vivax assist motor, the motor is- by design- hidden inside the seat tube. Making up a battery pack which fits inside the same tube would not be difficult.

winjim

Smash the cistern
He should be given a special prize since he's bloody brilliant. Anyone who can hide a motor and a battery inside a bicycle frame with no external evidence of its existence, deserves to wear yellow. Good on him, in the name of engineering.
You're the only one here with any competitive spirit.

OP
OP
C

Cronorider

Well it's not like he designed and built it himself - they've been around for a while now

Top Bottom