Match your clothes or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ted5712

So I'm not exactly new to cycling, I've been road cycling for a year now but never really taken it that seriously till now. I'm looking at buying some new jerseys and shorts as I only have one set so my question is, how hard should I try to match it all? Should I get the full set from one company or just keep the colours more or less the same?

Wear whatever you want. I only use 2 different makes of shorts, as they are the type I find comfortable, and all my tops are from various companies that I just like the look of. Most things go with black shorts anyway!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have way too much kit :blush: but I tend to buy black or black & white shorts, then they can be worn with pretty much any top :okay: I always try & match my socks to the top I'm wearing though :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Black shorts/bib tights then any colour top, works. I do sometimes match the bike, green top for the boardman with 'green flashes' red for the red bike etc, blue for the blue bike.

Rockn Robin

So I'm not exactly new to cycling, I've been road cycling for a year now but never really taken it that seriously till now. I'm looking at buying some new jerseys and shorts as I only have one set so my question is, how hard should I try to match it all? Should I get the full set from one company or just keep the colours more or less the same?

Right now I'm not overly concerned about fashion, so to speak, until I get my stomach flat, HAHAHAHA!! Nothing worse looking than a person with a big protruding stomach wearing spandex. What's the term they use for it . . . Freddie? I would like to get a matching outfit one day. I love the way they look., but I will wait until I'm trim and fit. Getting there, as I've lost close to 15 pounds now, but I won't wear spandex until I'm ready.

vickster

Legendary Member
Black shorts, some with a colour or white panel on the legs

Whatever you do, do NOT get white shorts unless you want to inflict your arse crack on any poor cyclists unfortunate enough to be riding behind you...
And avoid red especially if you are male and plan to ride for Poland :whistle:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Right now I'm not overly concerned about fashion, so to speak, until I get my stomach flat, HAHAHAHA!! Nothing worse looking than a person with a big protruding stomach wearing spandex. What's the term they use for it . . . Freddie? I would like to get a matching outfit one day. I love the way they look., but I will wait until I'm trim and fit. Getting there, as I've lost close to 15 pounds now, but I won't wear spandex until I'm ready.
Did you actually set out there to insult larger cyclists who want to be comfortable when they ride?

Top Bottom