Match your clothes or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Never ever concerned me what I look like on the bike, and to be honest, I'm kinda passed the stage of worrying too much what I look lime off it. I'm much more interested in comfort in different conditions.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Matching? Come again.

D5D4D5A6-3400-4140-ABFB-75112186159F.jpeg

Rockn Robin

Black shorts, some with a colour or white panel on the legs

Whatever you do, do NOT get white shorts unless you want to inflict your arse crack in any poor cyclists unfortunate enough to be riding behind you...
And avoid red especially if you are male and plan to ride for Poland :whistle:

A white kit looks nice, though. For now I wear black or navy shorts, so most of my tops go. Not spandex yet. I’m a bit self conscious of how I look at the moment. But that’s me.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Whatever you do, do NOT get white shorts unless you want to inflict your arse crack in any poor cyclists unfortunate enough to be riding behind you...

I was passed by a male cyclist wearing white lycra shorts just last weekend - fortunately he was significantly faster than me so I only had to look away for a few minutes. :laugh:

My bib shorts are always black, sometimes with a bit of coloured trim - I've got some with a blue stripe that go nicely with my Gran Fondo Stelvio top

upload_2018-10-13_17-34-45.png

Other than that it's a question of what's the weather doing and what's clean ^_^

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Black bib shorts and too much chamois cream is the height of fashion.

Rockn Robin

I was passed by a male cyclist wearing white lycra shorts just last weekend - fortunately he was significantly faster than me so I only had to look away for a few minutes. :laugh:

My bib shorts are always black, sometimes with a bit of coloured trim - I've got some with a blue stripe that go nicely with my Gran Fondo Stelvio top

View attachment 433893

Other than that it's a question of what's the weather doing and what's clean ^_^

Love those jerseys. I can’t wait for the day when I feel comfortable wearing a kit.

Milzy

Guru
So I'm not exactly new to cycling, I've been road cycling for a year now but never really taken it that seriously till now. I'm looking at buying some new jerseys and shorts as I only have one set so my question is, how hard should I try to match it all? Should I get the full set from one company or just keep the colours more or less the same?
You should really dress like David Miller. No cheap Aldi rubbish. Stylish luxury clothing with no huge logos across. Then at the cafe you blend in well & don’t look like an utter bell end wannabe pro.

:smile:

Rockn Robin

You should really dress like David Miller. No cheap Aldi rubbish. Stylish luxury clothing with no huge logos across. Then at the cafe you blend in well & don’t look like an utter bell end wannabe pro.

:smile:

Well, for me I would like something more plain, unless I can get a kit showing logos that are meaningful to me.

Top Bottom