Mature sheep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
Anyone tried "smokies?"

I dread to ask, what are "smokies"? Not kippers are they?

longers said:
I dread to ask, what are "smokies"? Not kippers are they?

<Vegetarians and those of a sensitive disposition do not read further>

It is a sheep@s head that has been burnt on the outside with a blowtorch> the meat is raw on the inside but has the flavour of the burnt wool on the outside>

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Patrick Stevens said:

It is a sheep@s head that has been burnt on the outside with a blowtorch> the meat is raw on the inside but has the flavour of the burnt wool on the outside>
A traditional old dish then. Or part of the 'I'll have the trotters, goat minge and weird offal' gastro-machismo movement?

andygates

bonj said:
go out onto the moors with a bow and arrow and pick one off.

Not a bad idea, that. We'll see if Santa brings me those broadheads for the zombie apocalypse...

Chuffy: Al-Baraka opposite the Odeon have mutton. The nice man (who looked like a Persian Ronnie Barker) seems faintly surprised that I'd even ask.

They also do nice Turkish coffee. And those little honey sweets.

And probably goat minge.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
andygates said:
Chuffy: Al-Baraka opposite the Odeon have mutton. The nice man (who looked like a Persian Ronnie Barker) seems faintly surprised that I'd even ask.

They also do nice Turkish coffee. And those little honey sweets.

And probably goat minge.
Yes, I shall make investigamatations shortly. Of course this depends on whether you are dinnering with us. Otherwise it's Pot Noodle a deux.

snorri

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:

I'd rather that Icelandic delicacy of mutton smoked above burning sheep dung. That was quite tasty, but it was good to be told the recipe after I had eaten it.:blush:

Patrick Stevens said:

not just a sheep's head. A chimp's will do as well

Cab

A good butcher should be able to get you mutton easily enough.

Easier and cheaper to buy in bulk; some producers will butcher you one to order, not hard to organise.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Originally Posted by bonj
go out onto the moors with a bow and arrow and pick one off.

Not a bad idea, that.

Alas, illegal on so many levels...

I've had some lamb from a friend recently, but I don't think it was quite a year old yet. Funny to think, I was feeding the little chaps in the summer.... xx(

I'll have to ask here if she's planning to do any mutton...

Top Bottom